PDA

View Full Version : My first ebay negitve (Now removed)

JDP
03-01-2010, 11:48 AM
I got it on selling a set of my ignition wires. I offered free shipping, and the auction states USA only. A bidder from Sweden bids and pays with Paypal, and I send a e-mail asking for extra shipping and don't hear back. He then files a case for ebay because he does not get the wires, and I issue a instant refund, next morning he leaves me a negative. I called ebay this AM and I should get it pulled for cause.

JDP/Maryland

It took 10 days, but I'm 100% clean again. :)

259man
03-01-2010, 11:59 AM
Some people are just impossible to deal with.

I got a negative a few years ago when I wouldn't take a credit card through Paypal. I even said "No Credit Cards" in my listing. Oh well!:(

I bet most people who are quick to issue negative feedback never actually tried to sell anything on eBay. It's not as easy as it looks.

I hope you can get the negative pulled. That guy sounds completely unreasonable.

Tom
1960 Lark VIII
1962 Lark Cruiser
1964 Cruiser
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac112/tflynnstude/DSCF1673.jpg

barnlark
03-01-2010, 01:49 PM
Does that mean the wires now cost more due to an aggravation factor? ;)[:o)] Seriously, I need a set for my new engine, so I will email. I can save you the shipping if you bring them to York, John.

Bud
03-01-2010, 05:56 PM
I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago when I had some old radio tubes up for auction. I stated in the auction description that I didn't accept any international bidders and a guy from Viet Nam was the high bidder on the tubes. I cancelled his bid which caused several emails to me about getting a negative feedback. I filed a complaint with ebay and that was the end of the problem. Bud

JDP
03-01-2010, 06:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by Bud

I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago when I had some old radio tubes up for auction. I stated in the auction description that I didn't accept any international bidders and a guy from Viet Nam was the high bidder on the tubes. I cancelled his bid which caused several emails to me about getting a negative feedback. I filed a complaint with ebay and that was the end of the problem. Bud

I'm fighting with ebay as we speak. Sadly, I may have to block foreign bidders in the future. I post US only, but I've shipped overseas many times with bidders willing to pay the shipping. In this case is was free shipping, US sales only and he wanted free shipping to Europe and not willing to pay the extra money. Ebay claims I should block foreign bidders, not just state USA only.

JDP/Maryland

63r2
03-01-2010, 06:45 PM
JDP
I guess you just offer them for sale without the free shipping to save on the confusion.
It would be a sad situation to not allow the likes of myself from participating in auctions because of our geographic location.

pb

edpjr
03-01-2010, 07:32 PM
I've never known a seller to win a FB argument on eBay. Typically all foreign bidders do is mess up auctions. They want to pay via PayPal and have you ship to locations where seller protections don't apply. That's why I block all bidders except USA & Canada. [xx(]

edp/NC
'63 Avanti
'66 Commander

Mark57
03-01-2010, 07:34 PM
I get frustrated by being blocked by US only sellers because I live in Canada (and therefore am registered that way on eBay), but I maintain a US address for receiving shipments of parts, etc. Getting that across to some vendors is a challenge! [:0] I'm sorry to hear about your problems John, but I hope you won't ban all of us "foreigners" because of a bad experience. ;)

Sometimes a vendor will allow me to bid, but sometimes they don't even respond until it's too late.[xx(]

<h5>Mark
'57 Transtar Deluxe
Vancouver Island Chapter
http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x153/MarkH57/046a.jpg

JDP
03-01-2010, 07:35 PM
quote:Originally posted by edpjr

I've never known a seller to win a FB argument on eBay. Typically all foreign bidders do is mess up auctions. They want to pay via PayPal and have you ship to locations where seller protections don't apply. That's why I block all bidders except USA & Canada. [xx(]

edp/NC
'63 Avanti
'66 Commander

I don't want to do that, I do a lot of business with Australians, but they have been very cool, and ask about shippimg.

JDP/Maryland

edpjr
03-01-2010, 07:38 PM
Then add Australia and block Sweden, Italy, France, Singapore, et al.

quote:Originally posted by JDP

quote:Originally posted by edpjr

edp/NC
'63 Avanti
'66 Commander

I don't want to do that, I do a lot of business with Australians, but they have been very cool, and ask about shippimg.

JDP/Maryland

edp/NC
'63 Avanti
'66 Commander

bams50
03-01-2010, 08:03 PM
I occasionally broker both parts and cars for foreign buyers. I have a Lincoln friend from Pakistan, and others from other clubs and other countries. That's the way non-US residents get around it- I buy, they pay me, I ship. Not perfect, but works.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

dean pearson
03-01-2010, 08:07 PM
That Bass turd.

Dean.

sbca96
03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
quote:Originally posted by JDP
I do a lot of business with Australians, but they have been very cool, and ask about shippimg.

That's because Australians ARE cool.[8D]

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires

royvaldez
03-01-2010, 08:36 PM
I will bit that guy in Sweden work's for Volvo!!!

candbstudebakers
03-01-2010, 09:15 PM
I have never had a problem with any sales out of the country, and have sold a lot more then most maybe a 100 cars to Australia alone, also to Sweden, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, Mexico,and I even deal with the people of Canada now and then if they are nice, I find it hard to believe that your dealing John was with a club member in Sweden they have always be really good to deal with but then me with a name like Peterson might have something to do with it, hang in there on this John and keep us posted...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
Castro Valley,
California

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/1953%20custom/IM001173.jpg

Starlite51
03-01-2010, 09:21 PM
blame it on Meg Whitman[xx(] --the queen of Ebay :D
and our next governor of whats left of CA:( ..

Michael
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm sad to hear that a person from Sweden messed up. I live in
Sweden (I'm in Orlando,FL on vacation right now though) and
have never had problems buying stuff on Ebay. All the
Studebaker people I know in Sweden are honest and nice.
It's sad if you start blocking people from Sweden and other
countries.

Michael Bostedt
Gavle, Sweden

Mark57
03-01-2010, 11:57 PM
quote:Originally posted by candbstudebakers
I even deal with the people of Canada now and then if they are nice, ...Bob

I'll try and remember this when I meet you Bob! :);)

<h5>Mark
'57 Transtar Deluxe
Vancouver Island Chapter
http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x153/MarkH57/046a.jpg

candbstudebakers
03-02-2010, 01:11 AM
I just needed to ad a little spice to the post, I deal with so many people from Canada I should be one, in fact a lot of my family lived or lives in Canada, and I ship anywere...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
Castro Valley,
California

http://i691.photobucket.com/albums/vv271/canbstudebakers/1953%20custom/IM001173.jpg

Aussie Hawk
03-02-2010, 01:54 AM
Hey Bob, I glad to hear you haven't had any problems with Australians, as you'll be having about seven of us staying with you in May. :D Confirm it with Leon and Brian.

It really doesn't come down to being cool or otherwise, it's just basic common sense.

Matt
Brisbane
Australia

long1776
03-02-2010, 03:28 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you been cheated by a Swede, we're not that many on this forum. I propose that you name him, so we others can continue buying on the US E-bay. I'd like to ad that I'm member of several other car forums, and this is absolutely the best when it comes to people willing to help out by sharing their competence when dealing with all kinds of questions.

Aspalen
03-02-2010, 03:51 AM
Sorry to hear that, John.
I live in Sweden, if needed, I always ask seller about selling and shipping cost.
Only got one neg, to this day. (not a Studebaker part)

I hope that I can use eBay in the future.

The second eBay deal I did, was buying the truck from Bob Peterson. We had some e-mail comunication problem, (my email trough eBay did not reach Bob) but I was able to call him, and that was it.

My first eBay deal wasnt so lucky. I send a money order for 2 stainless Hushpower mufflers. after two weeks the seller wasnt a registrated seller anymore, and I didnt get my mufflers. Of course I lost my money.
After that, I has had no problem.

Lennart...
-63 Avanti R1
-61 Champ 6E5 122"
-57 Transtar 3E5/7 112"
-58 Golden Hawk
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/aspalen/2007%20Uppsala/PICT5444-1.jpghttp://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/aspalen/studebaker/-61Champ006.jpghttp://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/aspalen/studebaker/20070522001.jpghttp://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s282/aspalen/studebaker/195820Golden20Hawk20Hoppes.jpg

avantilover
03-02-2010, 04:05 AM
I suppose the reason we Aussies ask re: shipping is due to the distance, we're 26 days away by fast boat.

John Clements
Avantilover, your South Australian Studebaker lover!!!
Lockleys South Australia

Avantidon
03-02-2010, 06:47 AM
JP, I had the same problem with a Japanese buyer who did the exact same thing. I even issued a credit via their PayPal account and they still filed a complaint. Took eBay two weeks to resolve and it was in my favor. I hate to block sales to overseas as I also send stuff to Australia and New Zealand all of the time. Good luck and hope they resolve in your favor.

warrlaw1
03-02-2010, 09:18 AM
You're an honourary Canadian, Bob. Now you just have to learn how to get that parts hauler of your across the border. Your fenders are now on my car, thank you very much!

bob40
03-02-2010, 09:33 AM
My country of irritation is Brazil.Never a problem with Stude stuff,other makes have been quarrelsome.Sweden and Australia are 2nd and 3rd respectively behind Canada as far as out of the U.S.sales and nary a problem with any of them.Almost like clockwork the experienced buyers provide me with great shipping info and are patient enough to know the part wont be there in a day or 3.
Oh,warrlaw...a number of my parts could be on your car as well.You have made multiple purchases from me on ebay.

warrlaw1
03-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks to you, too, bob40. My ebay experience has been a hoot. All purchases have come through my office over the past three years and my staff must think I am losing my mind. When a complete car shows up at the office the cat will be out of the bag. This is the year it's going to happen. I'm hoping for South Bend.....:)

martincl
03-02-2010, 04:50 PM
edpjr
I am normally a pretty quiet person but your comments are harsh.
I have imported 25 - 30 cars in to Australia over the last 6 or 7 years and bought many $1000s of parts; all from the USA. I have travelled many times to the USA and lived there.
I have never defaulted or gone back on a deal or given a seller any problems. If the auction says "USA only shipping", then I supply a USA address. I hate PayPal and only use it because USA sellers want it. I prefer direct transfer or money orders.
There are certainly many countries I would never deal with. However you shouldn't lump every country outside the USA in the same basket.
I had one seller steal money from me after an eBay auction; he was American. He didn't supply the parts. eBay were useless as I expected.

Leon Martin, Australia.
http://photos.martincl.fastmail.com.au/photos/Larks.jpg

63r2
03-02-2010, 06:42 PM
I would have to agree with Leon.
The only time I had a problem was with a US ebayer who ripped me and a lot of other people off. Paypal came to the rescue for most but not all of the loss.
I guess there are unscrupulous people in all countries and the US is by no means exempt.

pb

Jim B PEI
03-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Of all the people to get a negative, it seems especially unfair for John "Mr Reasonable" to get one. There are loads of great people out there--I seem to have purchased something from most of them[xx(]. Just got back from an eight hour round trip to Maine to pick up some (large) parts that two vendors decided they wouldn't ship out of the USA. Oh well, its a nice drive. As a Canadian, I get that quite often. Its the ones that won't let me bid (and pay with PayPal, and ship to an American address) that gets me.

Jim B on PEI
63 259 o/d Wagonaire
57 Champion W4 o/d
57 Champion W4 automatic

barnlark
03-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by candbstudebakers
....with a club member in Sweden they have always be really good to deal with but then me with a name like Peterson might have something to do with it....
We'll just see where that name gets you in Arizona. I'm thinkin' you better brush up on that Peterson charm for the waitresses this time. :D[:o)]

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh48/newshooter44/DSCN2488-1.jpg

JDP
03-03-2010, 10:25 PM
quote:Originally posted by Jim B PEI

Of all the people to get a negative, it seems especially unfair for John "Mr Reasonable" to get one. There are loads of great people out there--I seem to have purchased something from most of them[xx(]. Just got back from an eight hour round trip to Maine to pick up some (large) parts that two vendors decided they wouldn't ship out of the USA. Oh well, its a nice drive. As a Canadian, I get that quite often. Its the ones that won't let me bid (and pay with PayPal, and ship to an American address) that gets me.

Jim B on PEI
63 259 o/d Wagonaire
57 Champion W4 o/d
57 Champion W4 automatic

I'm jumping through ebay hoops to resolve the issue. The first was a request to reverse the negative since I refunded his money. He wrote back that, that was unsatisfactory, he wanted the wired shipped free to Sweden.
I then filed a request to cancel the transaction since he had been refunded and should have never bid on a USA only auction. If he does not reply to that in a day or two, ebay will take off his negative.

Ebay did refund the listing fees, now just waiting to get my first negative killed.

JDP/Maryland

barnlark
03-03-2010, 10:33 PM
Sounds like they are working well with you. You'll get the negative off. It's obvious when your record speaks for itself. Many do not on there.

52-fan
03-04-2010, 10:02 AM
RE eBay dispute resolution. My brother has been having a problem with a person who sold him a Studebaker die cast that arrived broken up because of very poor packaging. After he contacted the seller about a refund, he kept getting the run around. Thankfully, all of his correspondence went through eBay.
After nearly a month of no action from the seller he called eBay directly. The person he talked to looked up his file and said no problem. The money was back in Joe's account in a few minutes. Problem solved!

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s186/52-fan/StudebakersofArkansas2-1.jpg"In the heart of Arkansas."
1952 Champion Starlight w/overdrive. Searcy, Arkansas

TX Rebel
03-04-2010, 10:41 AM
Shoulda filed to cancel the sale first thing. I still sell to o/seas buyers, but sure would like to add that bozo to my blocked bidders list. After 10 years on ebay I have about 9 users on my b.b.list so far and only 4 are Studebaker people. My bud who sells MoPar stuff has several hundred on his list. That is the difference between Stude & Chrysler folks I suppose. My neg was from a Dodge schmuck who bought a decent used item, took delivery with no complaint to me, and gave a neg just because he could, knowing that I could not reciprocate.

Barry'd in Studes