Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know of this car-Oakland Area CA.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know of this car-Oakland Area CA.

I know this 57 Silver Hawk belonged to a John Ritter for many years. The title slip
    shows he was the owner since mid sixties. The car has been modified with a floor
    shift and has hot rod flames painted on it. The name "JOHNNY" is painted on the dash
    with fancy script. It probably was in drag races in the San Francisco Bay Area.
    Any clues appreciated regards Mr. Ritter etc.

...Dick Curtis

The 1950 Champion Starlight
    Santa Barbara
    CA

Have any more pictures?
    We'd like to see them.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

Could also have been in the El Centro area. That's where the pink slip was registered
      in 1963.
      Santa Barbara
      CA

Comment

Wouldn't it be interesting if it was the (late) well-known actor by that name?

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I do not think that the math works. Dick said that the pink slip is from 1963 and Wikipedia shows the actor to be born on September 17, 1948. I doubt he was driving down the road at 14 or 15.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Collection Doctor

quote:Originally posted by bams50

I do not think that the math works. Dick said that the pink slip is from 1963 and Wikipedia shows the actor to be born on September 17, 1948. I doubt he was driving down the road at 14 or 15.
            I wouldn't be so sure about that...when you're the son of a famous recording artist...you can get away with all kinds of things![8D][8D][8D]

KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

More info;
              The car was registered in February of 1960 (my error on 1963) to John H Ritter,463 Holt Ave.
              El Centro Ca. The actor's middle initial was "W" so not the owner. There are several Ritter's
              around the El Centro area,so maybe a cousin, uncle or....
              ....Dick
              Santa Barbara
              CA

Comment

Just FYI, El Centro, is not near Oakland. It is East of San Diego just above the border with Mexico. Not sure what the Oakland connection is. Is that where it is now?

Pat

Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka Stu Cool

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611
                Pat Dilling
                Olivehurst, CA
                Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                X