Photo of 52 and 53 Starliners next to each other

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of 52 and 53 Starliners next to each other

Does anyone have a photo of a 1952 and 1953 Starliner parked next to each other. I'd like to see the two together to see how much change there was in one year. Once in Turning Wheels there was a picture with 1946 and 1947 next to each other. Quit a difference. I don't believe I've ever seen a picture with a '52 and '53 together. I know what each looks like but would like to see a comparison photo.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Think way taller!!

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Think way taller!!

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I looked in my photo collection, and I don't have one. It would be a neat shot.They don't put 52s with 53s on the show field at Stude meets, so it is hard to get pictures of them together. Maybe it could be taken at South Bend.

I did find a photo of a 54 coupe next to a 48 sedan. On the back of this photo it says "Mother's 1954 and Dad's 1948".

Here is a photo of a 55 Speedster between a couple of Chevies. It is even lower than the 55 Chevy wagon.

Motor Trend (I believe...I can't find my issue) did an article on the 53 Studebaker when it first came out titled "Is the Studebaker Practical?". They ran a picture of a 53 Studebaker next to a MG.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

I looked in my photo collection, and I don't have one. It would be a neat shot.They don't put 52s with 53s on the show field at Stude meets, so it is hard to get pictures of them together. Maybe it could be taken at South Bend.

I did find a photo of a 54 coupe next to a 48 sedan. On the back of this photo it says "Mother's 1954 and Dad's 1948".

Here is a photo of a 55 Speedster between a couple of Chevies. It is even lower than the 55 Chevy wagon.

Motor Trend (I believe...I can't find my issue) did an article on the 53 Studebaker when it first came out titled "Is the Studebaker Practical?". They ran a picture of a 53 Studebaker next to a MG.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Leonard,
            Your collection of automotive photo art and insightful commentary makes opening Forum topics you join in on delightful.

My question is: how do you keep it all organized so you can respond in such a timely manner?

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
            53 Starliner Hardtop
            Newton Grove, NC

Comment

Leonard,
              Your collection of automotive photo art and insightful commentary makes opening Forum topics you join in on delightful.

My question is: how do you keep it all organized so you can respond in such a timely manner?

[img=left]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j259/stude53/studesmall2.jpg[/img=left]Bob Feaganes (stude53)
              53 Starliner Hardtop
              Newton Grove, NC

Comment

quote: Leonard,

Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                Thanks for the compliment Bob. I pull my hair out a lot. It's not easy being me! A lot of my photos are already on my hard drive, and most of the others are in albums, but I do have to do a lot of looking sometimes, and things don't seem to be where I know I have seen them there.[xx(]

Comment

quote: Leonard,

Bob Feaganes (stude53)
                  Thanks for the compliment Bob. I pull my hair out a lot. It's not easy being me! A lot of my photos are already on my hard drive, and most of the others are in albums, but I do have to do a lot of looking sometimes, and things don't seem to be where I know I have seen them there.[xx(]

Comment

Thanks for the pictures so far. I was thinking along the lines of the 54 and 48 pic from above. I know the 52 would be taller just would like to is them side by side. In all the years I've been around Studebakers (35) I don't get to see '52's very often and never side by side with a '53.

Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO
                    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

Thanks for the pictures so far. I was thinking along the lines of the 54 and 48 pic from above. I know the 52 would be taller just would like to is them side by side. In all the years I've been around Studebakers (35) I don't get to see '52's very often and never side by side with a '53.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Gary1953: You being president of the Studebaker Toy Collector club, wouldn't it be EASY for YOU to get a shot of a '52 next to a '53? Just get the camera up real close and they'll look full size!

KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)
                        KURTRUK
                        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Gary1953: You being president of the Studebaker Toy Collector club, wouldn't it be EASY for YOU to get a shot of a '52 next to a '53? Just get the camera up real close and they'll look full size!

KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)
                          KURTRUK
                          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

I can do that. I have 1:43rd scale '52 Starlight coupes ( no '52 Starliners ) and 53 Starliners. I'm trying to think if anyone made a '52 Starliner in 1:43rd.

Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO
                            Gary Sanders
                            Nixa, MO

Comment

I can do that. I have 1:43rd scale '52 Starlight coupes ( no '52 Starliners ) and 53 Starliners. I'm trying to think if anyone made a '52 Starliner in 1:43rd.

Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO
                              Gary Sanders
                              Nixa, MO

Comment

Working...
                              X