M-series parts interchange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-series parts interchange

I own a M-5. I have a chance to buy a parts truck. The parts truck is a 1 ton. Are there many parts off the big truck that will fit the m-5? Do the headlight rings interchange? Please list any parts that would be worth having for the M-5. The man selling the truck is a scrapper. I may just save some parts and let him have whats left.

The complete cab is the same, including doors. The fenders
    are different, but can be used on rear, if you want more
    open wheel wells. Yes the headlight rims and parts are the
    same .

Tex in Alabama

Comment

Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Yes, If the big truck has a Commander 6, the cab or at least the firewall portion would be of interest to those wanting to build a 226/245 1/2 ton.

Comment

I also have what I believe are 2 1947 M5 model M5-13 looking for complete interior including dash, email me at growl4708@aol.com Thanks Pappa Dons

Comment

As noted above, the entire cab, hood, grille, and fenders will interchange. Many of the mechanicals (engine and maybe trans) will also. The stuff that depends on tonnage (axles, brakes, frame) will not.
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Just a point of clarification: I'm pretty sure that the SDC reference info about M-series trucks says that only M16s (and later the M17s) came with a 226 motor; the M15 and M15A one-tons still had the smaller 170 c.i. Of course, I suppose that doesn't mean you couldn't somehow get the 226 in a one-ton, but I'd think it would have to be a case-by-case custom order.
              Mike Auldridge
              Gaithersburg, MD
              301-651-4346
              SDC Life Member since 1976
              1948 M16
              1961 Lark VIII convertible (with minor mods)

Comment

Right. The 226/246 only came in the 1.5 and 2-ton models.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                X