where do these go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where do these go?

These were listed on ebay as M series dash trim. Where do they go on the M series dash? I have an M and they don't look familiar, are they an add on or aftermarket?http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...QQcmdZViewItem

Don't know for sure if these pieces were used on M dashs, but on 1941 Commander, they look like the pieces that go along the bottom of the dash on both driver and passenger sides. On Commanders there are also matching "winged" emblems just above, also one on each side.

I think this same dash was used on both all M trucks, and on cars for 1941 only. I think it was also the last time Studebaker had one that, but for the insturments, was a mirror image right and left.

Comment

Don't know for sure if these pieces were used on M dashs, but on 1941 Commander, they look like the pieces that go along the bottom of the dash on both driver and passenger sides. On Commanders there are also matching "winged" emblems just above, also one on each side.

I think this same dash was used on both all M trucks, and on cars for 1941 only. I think it was also the last time Studebaker had one that, but for the insturments, was a mirror image right and left.

Comment

skyway - your remark about a symetrical dash. What about the 59-60 Larks and all the Champ trucks???[:0]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

skyway - your remark about a symetrical dash. What about the 59-60 Larks and all the Champ trucks???[:0]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Yeah, SYMETRICAL, that's the word I was trying to remember! Thanks Bob, and I stand corrected re those early lark dashs.

But I still think there is something unique about those 1941 dashs. Could it maybe be the last time (or the first time)the junior series and senior series cars shared the same dash? Something like that.

Comment

Yeah, SYMETRICAL, that's the word I was trying to remember! Thanks Bob, and I stand corrected re those early lark dashs.

But I still think there is something unique about those 1941 dashs. Could it maybe be the last time (or the first time)the junior series and senior series cars shared the same dash? Something like that.

Comment

Working...
              X