Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forney Museum Exhibit

Says they have a Studebaker exhibit January - March 2010

Did anyone go? Could you post some pictures?

The Forney Museum of Transportation is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization which exists to collect, preserve, and exhibit items of artistic, historical and technological interest relating to transportation for the purposes of education and personal enrichment.

Ted
    '57 Champion

If you have the time: http://fiveprime.org/hivemind/Tags/studebaker

I hope dadsbaby (Carey Dietz) doesn't mind my posting of the link to his Photobucket album of the Studebakers at the Forney. It's been awhile since I've seen him on the forum. He's our fabulous Conestoga Chapter photographer!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

~Lori

"The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
    '63 Lark "Lucy"
    '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
    A bunch of other Larks
    '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"
    "The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
    '63 Lark "Lucy"
    '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
    A bunch of other Larks
    '50 Starlight, '55 Speedster , '58 Packard Hardtop, '59 Pickup, '64 Avanti "Jerry"

Comment

Thats my 58 Goldenhawk and my 64 Challenger,All the cars look great!
      36 Dictator cpe
      36 ST.regis custom 2dr sedan R-2
      37 Coupe express R-2
      50 Champion convert
      54 champion cpe
      59 3/4 p/up 4wd
      63 Custom R-2
      63 GT hawk R-2 Motor Trend Hawk/Chicago Show Car
      63 Avanti R-2
      63 Avant1 R-2
      64 Commander R-1
      64 Challenger R-3
      58 Packard hawk
      64 Champ
      2-63 Wagonaire's
      62 E40 Transtar
      55 3/4 T pickup
      64 Daytona
      Brand X :
      70 Duster 340,56 Chevy Del Ray,49 Jeepster,58 Plymouth Belvedere,67 IH Travelall,58 IH Golden Anniversary

http://www.studebakersteve.com

Comment

Looks like a good showing by the list of Studebakers. Priced right also.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

Greetings all-
          The Studebaker Exhibit we have here at the Forney Museum of Transportation in Denver is one of an ongoing series of rotating displays. Prior to this display of Studebakers we featured Packard Motor Cars, with 10 on display with models from 1907 through 1958. It was to mark the release of the new PBS aired documentary entitled "Packard, An American Classic" by Richard Luckin of Golden, Colorado. (The DVD is available from the Forney Museum gift shop if anyone is interested.)

The Studebaker Exhibit, titled "90 Years of Studebaker Cars, 1912-2002" opened January 2nd and was originally scheduled to run through March. Due to a wonderfully positive public response, we have opted to continue the exhibit through the month of April! All cars are locally owned by Conestoga Chapter members with the exception of the red 1950 Starlight Coupe, which the local owner wanted to sell, and it was sold to a new SDC member in Shaumberg, Illinois the third day it was on display!! The gentleman was visiting his son here in Denver for the holidays, visited the Forney Museum & spotted this red '50, one just like his father's first new car; a car he's wanted to own all his life. We hate to see it leave our chapter, but know it will be in good hands in the Chicago area.

The Photobucket link posted does not show all the cars (23) which are now on display and the photos were shot before the display was completed with Studebaker signs, banners, models, toys & other memorabilia. If you find yourself in the Denver area between now and the end of April, please drop by and see the exhibit.

For those of you who like other orphans, Hudsons will be our next featured display May thru July, with the earliest example being a 1912 model!
          Please visit the Forney Museum website for more information about exhibits and events.

In closing, I do want to acknowledge and thank all the local SDC members who helped make this great show possible.

-Christof Kheim
          Museum Director
          Forney Museum of Transportation
          Denver, Colorado
          www.forneymuseum.org
          Christof Kheim
          ---studesnbldr
          ckheim@yahoo.com

Comment

Marge's car looks great. Did she put a new coat of paint on that Lark?

58 Packard Wagons
            63 Lark R2
            62 Lark Skytop

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 58PackardWagon

Marge's car looks great. Did she put a new coat of paint on that Lark?
              Hi, Joe,
              I checked with Will and he said that the car hasn't been painted since its restoration in the '70s, but it sure looks good, still! I know Marge and Elmer don't get on the forums, but I'll let them know of your admiration!

I'll try to track down some photos of the current Studebaker exhibit since Christof's enhanced it with club members' banners and memorabilia.

"The Common Sense Car"

'61 Lark "Isabella"
              '63 Lark "Lucy"
              '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
              A bunch of other Larks

"The Common Sense Car"

http://www.starlightstudebaker.com

'61 Lark "Isabella"
              '63 Lark "Lucy"
              '63 Wagonaire "Carl"
              A bunch of other Larks

Comment

Thanks Lori for your kind words!

I can't take credit for those pictures! My wife, Peggy, took those while I buffed JoDee Studebaker's Hawk. She did a great job!

With my Father's accident, my accident, and the passing of my Grandmother, I have not been able to get back into the museum to capture the whole display. I am glad to hear it has been extended through April. I haven't even had the time, or felt good enough to work on my own vehicles. Marge's Lark looks like it was just restored! Peg & I absolutely LOVE it! I am really going to miss Bob's '50. What a beautiful car!

Did I mention how much we LOVE Marge's Lark?

Carey
                Packard Hawk

Carey
                Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
                X