GT Hawk Registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GT Hawk Registry

Our new GT Hawk website went live today.

We still have a lot of cars, pictures and information to be added and tested but we are ready to accept your registration on line.

The web site is: www.studebakergthawkregistry.ca so click here or use your Internet Explorer browser direct.

We have one test example that includes pictures, so check out our 1964 GT under VIN 64V14615. (click on main picture to enlarge).

Thanks to those who have participated as we have information on over 500 cars at present, with about 350 on the site.

Your comments and suggestions are welcome.. studee64@cogeco.ca

Barry Leppan
    Ontario, Canada
    64 Daytona R-1 Convertible & 64 GT Hawk R-1
    GT Hawk Registry-SDC Hamilton Chapter

Barry Leppan
    Ontario, Canada
    GT Hawk Registry & SDC, Hamilton Chapter [IMG]

Nice work Barry. I have now included my 1963 Hawk.

Autumn at Lake Barget
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Barry--

Congrats...cool site and a great resource. And if you need pix of some of the other GTs on the lists, I might know where to get some...

S.

Comment

Thanks & congratulations to Brent Herges, (Milaca) for registering his 1963 GT tonite..

The first one for the new on line registry!! ..

Barry

Barry Leppan
        Ontario, Canada
        Barry Leppan
        Ontario, Canada

Comment

Barry--

I notice the "Alley Cat" Hawk isn't on there yet; s/n unknown, or the new owner simply wishes privacy? It'll be a 63VC car...apparently it is a Hamilton Hawk.

S.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I have Mark Boyak's car, another Canadian built Hawk, 63VC2637, engine PC3608. Black with red interior and it still lives in Hamilton.

The Alley Cat Hawk will be added to the registry tomorrow.

Thanks for your offer to help find pix that I am missing...

Barry

Barry Leppan
            Ontario, Canada
            Barry Leppan
            Ontario, Canada

Comment

Looks Great.
              Fabulous job Barry.
              I have sent you some updated details and pictures to include on the site.
              pb
              ps
              JDP according to the register you have 6 R series Hawks. Surely thats not the case or are the records slightly outdated.

Comment

Thanks for undertaking this endeavor, Barry.

I don't see either of my '62s listed, so I'll re-enter them directly on your site.
                Nice work, and a valuable resource for all of us.

Andy
                62 GT

Andy
                62 GT

Comment

I have a question.

In my Lark is the engine and tranny from a 63 Hawk R2. The car is gone but the engine still lives on, well it's lived on in 3 bodies so far, lol [}]. Are you taking just entire cars or will you take engines and drivetrains as well, provided the information on the car is all present? I have the basic information on the vehicle that came with the original drivetrain.

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                  [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
                  [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
                  [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
                  1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
                  1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
                  1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 63r2

Looks Great.
                    Fabulous job Barry.
                    I have sent you some updated details and pictures to include on the site.
                    pb
                    ps
                    JDP according to the register you have 6 R series Hawks. Surely thats not the case or are the records slightly outdated.
                    Nope, just the last owner on record I guess. I think I've had 10 in the last five years.

JDP/Maryland
                    JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PlainBrownR2

I have a question.

In my Lark is the engine and tranny from a 63 Hawk R2. The car is gone but the engine still lives on, well it's lived on in 3 bodies so far, lol [}]. Are you taking just entire cars or will you take engines and drivetrains as well, provided the information on the car is all present? I have the basic information on the vehicle that came with the original drivetrain.
                      I too thought it might be of some use to include vehicles you know are no longer with us ie crushed or cut up etc. Especially when somewhere down the track someone is looking for it.
                      pb

Comment

I put my 64 full package on last night but still need to look up some numbers and will fill in later...Bob

Candbstudebakrs
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

Barry, just added one with all the info I have with me. Have another one to add later when I go get the VIN# Thanks for the work on this site.
                          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Barry...
                            I will get 3 more '62 GT Hawks when the weather breaks. Thanks for your efforts. Strange that '62 was the largest model year produced but the smallest number of reported for the registry.

Peter Bishop

Comment

I will enter a 63 GT Hawk in a week or so.
                              Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X