PDA

View Full Version : 64 hawk top

hunter stanley
02-24-2010, 04:58 PM
was there a trim piece that went around the edge of the vynile tops on the 64 hawks.... if no how did they go on,and that body line on the top, is that were the vynile top ends... thanks

hunter stanley

Mark Plucenik
02-24-2010, 08:02 PM
I have a 64 hawk with the factory vinyl top and yes there is a thin stainless trim piece.

Mark

Mark Plucenik
02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
I have a 64 hawk with the factory vinyl top and yes there is a thin stainless trim piece.

Mark

StudeRich
02-24-2010, 11:12 PM
quote:Originally posted by hunter stanley

was there a trim piece that went around the edge of the vynile tops on the 64 hawks.... if no how did they go on,and that body line on the top, is that were the vynile top ends... thanks hunter stanley

Yes the stainless moulding goes on the body line to hold the edge of the front half VINYL top.

The Sport Roof was an option, so not all '64's have them, so if it is not there, it's fine as is! [^]

They only came in Black or White, but I happen to like this matching the interior, MAROON Vinyl top! [^]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/studerich/Loaded%20to%20the%20Forum/64GTHawkWhiteMaroon.jpg

StudeRich

JDP
02-24-2010, 11:34 PM
quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

quote:Originally posted by hunter stanley

was there a trim piece that went around the edge of the vynile tops on the 64 hawks.... if no how did they go on,and that body line on the top, is that were the vynile top ends... thanks hunter stanley

Yes the stainless moulding goes on the body line to hold the edge of the front half VINYL top.

The Sport Roof was an option, so not all '64's have them, so if it is not there, it's fine as is! [^]

They only came in Black or White, but I happen to like this matching the interior, MAROON Vinyl top! [^]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/studerich/Loaded%20to%20the%20Forum/64GTHawkWhiteMaroon.jpg

StudeRich

Yet another one I forgot I owned until I saw your picture in my driveway.

JDP/Maryland

StudeRich
02-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Yep, it is from a very old ebay ad.

I hope someone out there is enjoying that sharp Hawk! [:p]

StudeRich