Don't make listings when you're high!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't make listings when you're high!

It's the only explanation I can imagine for this CL ad; what could it mean?[)]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

It's like James Joyce all over again yes and yes
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I think maybe what he is trying to say is he took a pic of Arkie Jazz's Champ that he sold a while back, to show that if you cut up a Lark Wagon and put a bunch of Chevy junk in it you can make it almost look as good as a real Champ pickup? And maybe he is selling the purple people eater with the broken springs!

Or am I sniffing the same stuff he is?

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

It's the only explanation I can imagine for this CL ad; what could it mean?[)]
        Not sure about the smokin, but i can tell you i have seen this car and it is drop dead pretty from twenty feet away. I never could cathc up with it to get a close up view. It has been on CL 10 forevers, and i'm sure it may be worth the 37k (last price i got on it) it's to old a build for (inmy opinion) to lay out that kind of jing. If i remember correctly it has had three owners.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bridgegaurd

Not sure about the smokin, but i can tell you i have seen this car and it is drop dead pretty from twenty feet away.
          Phil, I see a Champ pickup and a Larkamino, but no "2/Door wagon". I too have seen the Larkamino listed several times, but the listing was always coherent and didn't have Every Letter Capitalized[xx(] It doesn't make any sense, and in fact looks like it was put together by someone stoned

I wonder if the lister will see it today- sober- and embarrassedly have it pulled[:I]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I don't speak stoner so I guess I won't be able to help. If he doesn't clean that ad up he isn't going to get much response.

Doug
            Venice, Florida
            1950 Champion
            9G F1

Comment

WHAT?
              Tom

sigpic

Comment

Not to be contrary but I have some questions about this post and its reasoning in general:
                • How did you reach the conclusion he was "high"?
                • Have you created any Studebaker customs that would provide a basis for judging the work of others?
                • Is there a justifiable reason for making inferences that the lister is a substance abuser?
                • How does this post further the Studebaker hobby?

It seems that there are a lot of posts similar to this that ridicule the ad listings of others. Perhaps you can share one of your recent e-Bay or Craigslist ads for a Studebaker so that others do not make these same sort of "errors".

If the goal of this forum is to be welcoming to others in order to further the interest in our marque, I do not see how items like this achieve that goal. I am sure others will condemn me, but constant criticisms of the work of others is getting old.

What I would much prefer to hear is what [u]work</u> you are doing on a Studebaker or your experiences [u]driving</u> one. After all, we are the Studebaker DRIVERS Club.

[Edited for spelling]
                Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

amen

JohnP, driving & reviving
                  an early Lark
                  sigpic
                  JohnP, driving & reviving
                  60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Times two
                    Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Guido made a statement that should be the "Golden Rule" of this forum.

"How does this post further the Studebaker hobby?"

I, for one, pledge to ask myself this question before I post anything else.

1950 Champion
                      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                      Holdrege NE
                      John
                      1950 Champion
                      W-3 4 Dr. Sedan
                      Holdrege NE

Comment

Well it now looks like we are on the way to becoming the most PC forum on the web.

The last time I checked the term forum implies furthering discussion based on opinion and knowledge.

If a forum member has an opinion on a vehicle they have found or an observation a topic that fits in the policies of the forum then I for one will continue support that concept as long as it is delivered in a reasonably civil manner.

You can continue to argue about how we will contine to lose new members if we do that but I would challenge you to detail how many we have truly lost that would have been contributing members.

I do know that we have lost some very valuable and contributing members because of this vendetta to limit free forum usage.

And I for one will continue to express my views within the scope of my definition of the word FORUM!!!

Bob

Comment

You've got to admit it is a strange and puzzling ad.

Don Wilson
                          53 Commander Hardtop
                          64 Champ 1/2 ton
                          Centralia, WA
                          Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                          50 Champion 2 door*
                          53 Commander K Auto*
                          53 Commander K overdrive*
                          55 President Speedster
                          62 GT 4Speed*
                          63 Avanti R1*
                          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

With all due respect to [u]everyones</u> feelings, I think you're being too hard on Bams50.

It's a puzzling ad.
                            When I first looked at it, I thought it was a "before and after" for the Champ.
                            He didn't criticize the work, just the wording..or lack thereof.

We've had this discussion before...modified Studes are ripe for comment.
                            We just need to be fairly polite, but I don't see any harm with members asking the occasional."What the heck....?".

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Well said Gary.

Just think how much less negative the Forum would be if this sort of energy was put into finding what is RIGHT in the Studebaker world rather than what is WRONG in it.

I'm not suggesting we all become Polyannas, but to seek out poorly written ads, misspelled words, incorrect punctuation, cars you don't like, etc...then to post them here to make someone look bad (and yourself look good I suppose) just doesn't seem like it correctly promotes the hobby (and the SDC).

I frequent three other car forums and see very little of the sort of "ripping" that is done here (especially not by the most frequent posters at those forums).

alt.autos.Studebakers was once THE place to go for Studebaker chat. Fun, interesting, informative. It then became common there to post any and all political and social opinions, AND to openly rip anything and anybody. Post count went from 5,000 per month to under 100 as the majority of members left. It wasn't about Studebakers anymore. It was about finding things wrong that may or may not be Studebaker related.

I'd hate to see the same thing happen here.

alt.autos.studebaker is not moderated. You can say anything you want over there. Wide open. It would be a great place for those folks who feel stifled here. Or, belong to both. Represent the positive side of Studebakering here along with the goals and values of the SDC, and unload there. The best of both worlds.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X