Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sun. retrobaker (revised 2 non-stude photos)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sun. retrobaker (revised 2 non-stude photos)

Anyone up for adding a little lark r3 to their day...check out the wheels!

As per request, here is the cover of HOT ROD issue:

As a side note, just imagine what Studebaker was competing with, as this advert was in the same issue of HOT ROD...and remember the 426 HEMI was to make it's presence known in Feb.64! I'll take one of each please.

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

I know that Myers Studebaker has been taking orders for several years trying to reach enough orders to have Hallibrands remanufactored. But is there another brand of wheel that is close to Hallibrands in apperance out there?

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Interesting to note that this was published in the January 1964 edition of the magazine and was probably hitting the news stands at the time or following the decision to stop production in South Bend.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Excellent! I don't have that one. Just checked eBay and there currently aren't any Jan. 64 issues for sale; but I'll keep watching. Do you have a picture o the cover? Thanks for sharing![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

That is a nice car that I would love to own today, but it was not a competetive sale back in its day. For 1964, I purchased a new Plymouth Fury hardtop with 330 HP 383, Torqueflite, ps, SureGrip and much more. That equivalent '64 Daytona was about 30% more money new and would have been worth less after one year when I would have traded it in (on a 1965 Sport Fury). I am not knocking the car. I am just trying to explain the sales problem that Studebaker was up against. Also, most people that purchased new cars at that time were concerned with the car's value in one to three years, not after 46 years.

Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63avanti

I know that Myers Studebaker has been taking orders for several years trying to reach enough orders to have Hallibrands remanufactored.
            I see Myers shows 15 confirmed orders (as of May 06). Wonder what the updated total is, and how many they need to order them?

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bams 50, I'll get you a shot of the cover, just may be a day or two as I'm slow at this photo loading/posting business, but I will post it for you. There are at least two other retrostude-related articals from that issue that I will post later as well. The cover of that issue has a front view of Tommy Ivo boiling the'hydes of his hemi dragster. Junior

sigpic
              1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Thanks Junior, no biggie. I did find one on eBay for $25.00[xx(] but I'll eventually get one at a reasonable price. I'm sure I'll see the cover there prtty soon[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Bams50, I can help you out. PM me your postal address and I'll give you my Hot Rod mag...just give me a few days to get it to the post office. It may take a little while to get to you seeing how you're on the other side of the continent. This is perhaps what is so great about the SDC, and this forum, people are willing to share. Roadrace Lark taught me a lesson last month...I was freaking out about how cool his Lark was, and one day I arrived home to find a package in the mail that he sent me...it contained a 1988 cover of TW with his Lark on it, and a 1985 copy of CAR Review that had a feature of his car in it. Such a generous act deserves to be passed on. I love my HOT ROD collection, but what good is it if I only thumb through it every 30 years? Please enjoy it. Perhaps we can start a trend. Regards, Junior

sigpic
                  1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Wow, what a generous offer, Junior. As it happens I DID find my own copy and got it coming before I saw your post. Thank you so much for your kind gesture[^]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

okay, not a problem...if something happens and you don't receive your's let me know and I will mail mine to you. Junior.

sigpic
                      1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

I've gotten pretty good at finding specific issues of magazines. Rather than buy just a cut-out article (which are frequently on eBay) I buy the whole magazine. I saw a 62 GT road test article for sale for $7.99 plus $4.00 shipping last week. It was from MT, Feb. 62. In about 3 minutes I found and bought the whole magazine for $7.00 with free shipping! Not only cheaper, but I get the whole magazine, which I always read through and enjoy.

That's another great thing about eBay: I didn't know that article existed, but thanks to eBay I found out not only that it existed, but what magazine and month, and offered me a number of sources from which to get my own copy, and ordered and paid in literally less than 5 minutes total! Even if I knew about it, how many hours over how many years would I have had to spend pawing through garage sales, flea markets, etc. looking for it?

I love car magazines, especially from the late 50s/early 60s (my favorite era). It's awesome to be able to pick and choose issues based on content, sitting in my own house. Thanks again eBay![^][^]

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                        X