we are not alone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we are not alone

I recenlty joined a vintage Mustang forum. As some of you know, I am helping a friend with restoring his Mustang. I learned that we Studebaker guys are not alone when it comes to this topic.

66 Commander R1 Clone
    51 Commander 4dr
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

I've seen versions of this thread on nearly automotive forum around.

Chris Pile
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Yup, some real familiar sounding stuff there! I like the one line "if I have something stupid to say, I put it in the form of a question".

Chip
      '63 Cruiser daily driver
      '57 Packard wagon on the road!
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I was at a meet in PA and a young guy and his girlfriend were discussing the fact that Studebaker was owned by AMC. I politely interjected and gave them a short history of the Studebaker-Packard marriage and the Nash-Hudson marriage. I was surprised that they listened and then thanked me for the information. Sometimes it is in the approach!

1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.
        1957 Studebaker Champion 2 door. Staten Island, New York.

"Education is not the learning of facts, but the training of the mind to think." -Albert Einstein

Comment

"Hey, did you know your 289 is a Studebaker engine ? "

Comment

Not really stupid questions but annoying to me. Fortunately this doesn't happen to often, but when asked how much did I pay for my "60" Hawk? Or how much would you sell it for? I simply ask if they are planning to make me a serious offer? That usually changes the subject with tire kickers. It may sound rude but it really is none of their business unless they are seriously in the market for my car.
            Or when asked what kind of gas milage do I get? I really don't know, I've never checked it. I just drive it and enjoy the ride. Which is the truth at that. I never say this to people that ask these questions, but in my mind I remember something I read one time. As I recall it was JP Morgan that was asked how much did your yacht cost? His reply was "if you have to ask you can't afford it". Hopefully I can continue to afford my classic car but one never knows these days do we?

Comment

i remember when i first got my drivers lic. i'd drive my 57 and alot of my fellow classmates would say "vince has a stupidbaker" after i beat a couple of chevys in a street race they were a little more respectable. but i had my 56 ford in the wings and reserved the 57 to dates and social events.

2006,f-150,2x4,v-6,5-speed manual,8ft bed, will post stude info when i get it on the road.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by hotrodstude

my fellow classmates would say "vince has a stupidbaker"
                OMG! Thats a good one! Wow. So fresh and ripe. Never heard that
                one before. Caught me off guard. Such entertainment value.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Working...
                X