Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, Ed Reynolds, heres that weird pic. (N)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, Ed Reynolds, heres that weird pic. (N)

I know this is yet another shot of the model N, but here is the strange pic I mentioned the other day. The model N clay, but notice how the beams are square and the lights are triangular at the bottom. Do you think this is even in the Engineering building? I have another pic of a clay starlight that appears to be in the same building. What do you think? Btw, no school friday of next week, see ya then!

Heck, here is another shot of one:

(note: photos by E.T. Reynolds)(Send me an Email if you see this) Thanks Ed!

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

I like the front end grill area much better on the first car. The second one looks like they used a cut out cooking grill in the lower area!

Comment

Interesting wiper 'rest' location on both of them.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Avatar1.jpg[/img=left]
      Tom Bredehoft
      '53 Commander Coupe (since 1959)
      '55 President (6H Y6) State Sedan
      ....On the road, again....
      '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
      All Indiana built cars

Comment

quote:Interesting wiper 'rest' location on both of them.
        Hmmm. Didn't notice before you pointed it out. Has any car mfg ever set up their wipers like that? I don't recall seeing any like that before. Parking both in the center like my '53 does, or both on one side or the other is common. Also have seen the big 'n littles or 1 single big one too but not both parking to the outside....

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Jeff_H

quote:Interesting wiper 'rest' location on both of them.
          Hmmm. Didn't notice before you pointed it out. Has any car mfg ever set up their wipers like that? I don't recall seeing any like that before. Parking both in the center like my '53 does, or both on one side or the other is common. Also have seen the big 'n littles or 1 single big one too but not both parking to the outside....

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop
          Yeah, the 50-56 style International trucks (R and S series) parked their wipers this way. At least some did. Did a lousy job of wiping, too.

KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln
          KURTRUK
          (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Why is there a 49, 50, 51 Ford in the background and in the second pic I see what looks like an Olds or a Chevy, but to blurry to tell?

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
            1954 Champion Coupe
            Lizella, GA
            Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
            Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
            Lizella, GA

Comment

The '50 Ford and '50 Chevy were obviously there for "evaluation" purposes and possibly disassembly, as all Auto Manufacturers did in the day, to stay up with or ahead of the Competition!

I can't be sure if the parking lights on the Ford are pointy & on the ends of the Grille Bar as in '49 or under the Grille bar and rectangular as in '50, but it really does not matter. [:0]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Wonder if this explains that paint booth upstairs[?]
                  Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

The '50 Ford and '50 Chevy were obviously there for "evaluation" purposes and possibly disassembly, as all Auto Manufacturers did in the day, to stay up with or ahead of the Competition!

I can't be sure if the parking lights on the Ford are pointy & on the ends of the Grille Bar as in '49 or under the Grille bar and rectangular as in '50, but it really does not matter. [:0]

StudeRich

Not that this stuff wasnt normal,, but I wonder why they allowed photos to be taken with the "sacraficial lambs" in the back ground?

And its a 50 ford, grill bar wraps all the way around and markers are under it.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

http://datinmanspeaks.blogspot.com/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Da Tinman

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich

Not that this stuff wasnt normal,, but I wonder why they allowed photos to be taken with the "sacraficial lambs" in the back ground?

And its a 50 ford, grill bar wraps all the way around and markers are under it.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

You find out about that '51 yet Jay[?]
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Da Tinman

I wonder why they allowed photos to be taken with the "sacraficial lambs" in the back ground?
                        The factory never figured these photos would be seen by the general public. It just didn't matter.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                        '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Chris - I took a tour of the building today and there are no square columns. Styling wasn't always in the Engineering Building and this was probably taken when they were in another location or the photos were not taken in styling. Although Studebaker regularly purchased and tested competitive makes I think it would be unusual for them to be parked in the styling department and that also makes me think that this photo was taken elsewhere. Perhaps we should take a look when we're at Chippewa and see if there are any square columns. Ed Reynolds

Comment

IIRC styling was working out of the 2nd floor of the Freeman Spicer building for a period of time. There were square columns in that building. Also, there's a possibility that could have been taken in the Plant 8 building. Parts of that building were used for things other than the Parts & Accessories Div.

R2Andy

The only square columns I've ever seen in the Aviation Plant are in the basement of the Engine Test Building.
                            R2Andrea

Comment

Just taking a guess, but I know that some engineering work was sometimes done on the upper flores of the stamping plant on the side that would have been closest to the engineering building. Car sure does have a weird history, makes it fun.[?][]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X