PDA

View Full Version : 64 hawk automatic trans

Mark Plucenik
02-14-2010, 01:43 PM
I am changing my 64 hawk from automatic to 4 speed. I think I have everything for my switch. If anyone would be interested in automatic and driveshaft let me know. I can bring it to York in March.

markplucenik@verizon.net

Thanks , Mark

1970amc
02-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Don't forget to dial in the bellhousing run out to the engine. The bellhousing may not be centered to the dowels on the engine. Also you need to change the flywheel bolts to the long style. Good luck with your change over.

bams50
02-14-2010, 02:38 PM
Mark, is it a PS or FOM?

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

Mark Plucenik
02-14-2010, 07:50 PM
The car was a column shift. Thanks for the interest.
Mark

bams50
02-15-2010, 06:58 AM
OK, so FOM. Still needed by somebody. Does it work well? And, what is your price?

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
Parish, central NY 13131
http://www.patrioticon.org/images/flag1-1.gif
GOD BLESS AMERICA

irish
02-15-2010, 08:35 AM
I need a FOM trans for my 63 lark, mine slips badly. I'll send you an email.

Joe

Mark Plucenik
02-15-2010, 05:40 PM
I purchased the car about 10 years ago from the second owner. everything worked well but the motor used oil. We pulled the car compleatly apart, body off. The oil was just a valve seal problem , nothing else. Rebuilding the engine now, all STD. bearings and STD. cyl bore. All wear was within factory specs. I will assume the trans to be the same but it has been 10 years or more. Several other projects got in the way of finishing the Hawk. 2 VW bugs, a VW single cab, a 56 Packard Executive. and a couple Karmen Ghias but I back in Studebaker mode. The only reason to get rid of the automatic is I wanted a 4 speed. The car and all parts have all been stored inside. That sums up all I know about the trans. Any reasonable offer. I will be at York. Can also trade for other Hawk parts. Thanks , Mark