Value-----Opinions please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value-----Opinions please...

-Well, this is a good snowy day question. Everyone/anyone feel free to chime in. Sorry about no pics, but I can verbally relate the accurate condition of the car in question....What's it worth ?

1963 Cruiser, 3sp/OD (stuck T-O brg), non-Power, reclining individual seats and so-so vinyl. Decent dash (driver+ quality)and door panels, 1 rusty front fender (pass), lightly rusted rockers, front & side floors repaired with sheetmetal & rivets (looks solid/good), solid hinge posts, minor rust through holes in trunk, all working electricals, good glass, exhaust quiet-but older, needs tires, brakes are up and working. Last registered in 97'.......What's it worth ????

I would say $750 - $1,000 with out seeing it.

Joseph R. Zeiger
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Too hard to tell with the limited info given. Depends on where the car spent it's early life- West coast, could have hidden roof rust (difficult to fix), East coast, you have to look carefully at the frame for rust and swelling (also difficult to fix). Rivets aren't the right way to fix floors, so they may need attention sooner than you think.

Of course, pictures would make a huge difference, but based on what little info you gave, I'm with Joe, probably leas than a grand.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
      Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

There is a free 1963 Cruiser in Westchester County, NY. Refer to January TW. It was last registered in 1992 and has 131K miles.

Based on your description, I would guesstimate the Cruiser that you asked about at $500.

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I'm just glad it's on the east coast. How's the paint and frame, Jack?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
          Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
          K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
          Ron Smith
          Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

studeclunker.....I'm "assuming" the frame is OK....if not I have no interest in it. The paint is thin all around...at best. I want a winter beater....if all else is OK, I think I'm in it for ~ $600-800. tops.....Pretty much what everyone's saying here...

Comment

Might be a good winter beater but just not for this winter. After sitting 13 years its going to need some time and money to get it into relable and safe transportation. Maybe a good car but age compromises all systems. I have a 96 Ford for a winter beater. More safety and creature comforts than a Stude and costs about the same as fixing and driving a $600 Stude. If it fails I can walk away and not even have to salvage a part from it.

Ken

Comment

Does it still have it's original or same replacement, full-flow 289 Engine? []

I understand it's just for a winter driver, but it does add to it's value, now and in the future Jack. [^]

StudeRich
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes to the 289 Rich....I thought with that and the OD and maybe the seats, I could stay even after a few winters on partings....

Comment

Working...
                  X