Don Garlits Antique Car Museum -Another link added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Garlits Antique Car Museum -Another link added

I spent a couple of hours at the museum today. The drag racing museum was pretty cool, but I really enjoyed the antique side! Don is a Studebaker fan! Look at what I found right inside the door!!!

Grab your favorite drink and check out the rest of my pictures!

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Here is the link to the Drag Race Museum pictures that I took.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...eum/?start=all

Carey
    Packard Hawk

Carey
    Packard Hawk

Very nice. I love antique cars the older the better.

Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO
    President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
    Gary Sanders
    Nixa, MO

Comment

If it dont snow and the creeks dont rise i will be heading to Bradenton Fl. on the 19th of March.I plan on spending some time at the museum so i enjoyed the pics.It would be nice if Don would be there i would like to get a pic of us .I got a club cap he autographed for me about 4 years ago at Memphis drag strip.But the lines was long and he was busy filming for the Mothers Car Show on TV.

David Baggett '53 coupe

Comment

Was at Don's museum years ago, does he still own a few Studebakers including a M series truck?

Tom

sigpic

Comment

I went years ago. Don was cleaning out his old shirts. I purchased a golf shirt with Kendell Oil on one side and BIG DADDY on the other for $3.00.

Jack White
          Charlotte,NC
          Jack White
          Charlotte,NC
          North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Holy guacamole. What a tour. Thanks for posting the great shots. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Have been at Don's several times. The history of the red M is that one day a guy came by and asked if he wanted the truck. He took it and the shop retored it. Never noticed the emblem, neat item.

Comment

Really nice M Truck. When I visited the museum a few years ago I pointed out to him that it had Big truck grilles on it. SOB told me I didn't know my you know what about it, that is was correctly restored. I took in a pair of NOS M5 and M15 grilles complete with stenciled part numbers and a parts book. His answer, "I guess the fella in Archer screwed me, huh"?
                Bo

Comment

Don was there yesterday, but didn't seem like he was in a good mood so I didn't bother him. I met him years ago at Bandemere Speedway, very nice gentleman. I will post pictures of the Racecar Museum as soon as I can shake my migraine.

Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Carey
                  Packard Hawk

Comment

Here is the link to the Drag Racing Museum pictures that I took.

http://s106.photobucket.com/albums/m...eum/?start=all

Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Carey
                    Packard Hawk

Comment

I sent Don an email about that Studillac emblem. Didn't get a reply.. Usually he's good about replying to stuff.

I'd love to buy that emblem. That's only the 3rd one I know of world wide.

Comment

Believe me, I was shocked to see that! Although I picked it right out!

Carey
                        Packard Hawk

Carey
                        Packard Hawk

Comment

Working...
                        X