Clipper Engine Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper Engine Project

My 1957 Clipper used to belong to Nollie Hinton. Dr. Cade was visiting one day and asked Nollie what he was going to do with the Packard and Nollie told him it was a parts car. Being it is rust free, Dr. Cade decided he wanted it and that it was too nice for a parts car. Stephen Allen was kind enough to deliver it to my house when I bought it from his mother after Dr. Cade passed away. It had a stuck 259 engine with no supercharger when it arrived. I have since rebuilt a 289 and put all the correct parts together. Check out the small radiator hose!!

Nicely detailed! []

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

Michael, I'm sure Nollie and Doc would both be proud. Engine looks real good. [8D]

Matthew Burnette
      Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Starlight Stainless
      912-253-3037

Comment

Thank you Dick and Matthew. I appreciate that. It is getting there!

Comment

Very nice indeed! Good job! Do you have any pics of the whole car?

Dylan Wills
          [IMG][/IMG]
          '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Good job, nice engine detail,can't wait to hear it run.

Joseph Kastellec
            Joseph Kastellec

Comment

I will get some pics of the whole car on here soon Dylan

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeMichael

My 1957 Clipper used to belong to Nollie Hinton. Dr. Cade was visiting one day and asked Nollie what he was going to do with the Packard and Nollie told him it was a parts car. Being it is rust free, Dr. Cade decided he wanted it and that it was too nice for a parts car. Stephen Allen was kind enough to deliver it to my house when I bought it from his mother after Dr. Cade passed away. It had a stuck 259 engine with no supercharger when it arrived. I have since rebuilt a 289 and put all the correct parts together. Check out the small radiator hose!!
                VERY interesting. Nollie bought my '57 Clipper wagon off eBay several years ago. It had a stuck '56 Commander 259 with no supercharger too. However, it was ANYTHING but rust-free. He wanted it only for the frame. I wonder if he just completely switched bodies. If so, it would be interesting to know what he saved off my ex-wagon,

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia. '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Daytona convertible, '53 Commander Starliner, Museum R-4 engine, '62 Gravely Model L, '72 Gravely Model 430

Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Paul, Nollie still owned that car, and another Packard wagon at the time of his passing. He offered them both to me at what seemed to be a great price. I didn't want a project that big. As far as I know, both wagons are still there.

Matthew Burnette
                  Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Starlight Stainless
                  912-253-3037

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen a Clipper station wagon. That is a very impressive looking car.

Doug
                    Venice, Florida
                    1950 Champion
                    9G F1

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeMichael

Very nice! I hope my Clipper wagon engine looks that good some day.

Chip
                      '63 Cruiser daily driver
                      '57 Packard wagon on the road!
                      Chip
                      '63 Cruiser
                      '57 Packard wagon
                      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Paul,,,Nollie sold me the hood from your old wagon a few years ago for $400.00 to use on my Clipper. I drove all the way to his house (four hour ride) to get it. He said he had a NOS one for the wagon project. I tried to buy it to no avail.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Invalid User Name

I don't think I have ever seen a Clipper station wagon. That is a very impressive looking car.

Doug
                          Venice, Florida
                          1950 Champion
                          9G F1
                          Here is a picture of my Clipper wagon. Enjoy!

Chip
                          '63 Cruiser daily driver
                          '57 Packard wagon on the road!
                          Chip
                          '63 Cruiser
                          '57 Packard wagon
                          '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                          '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I like that. There is something about that design that really catches my eye. Thanks for posting.

Doug
                            Venice, Florida
                            1950 Champion
                            9G F1

Comment

Very nice Chip!!! Is that the factory mirror? It looks like the one in the accessory catalog that is not being reproduced. I have never been able to find one.

Comment

Working...
                              X