LARK inner fender apron staples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LARK inner fender apron staples

Im cleaning up some inner fender aprons and have removed the rubber/felt type material used as a splash shield at the lower rears of these and I beleive some had them also at the hinge area. What are most of you using to replace the staple that held them in place. It amazes me that there was a machine that could drive these small staples thru that thick of sheet steel. I was thinking about using some carpenter staples and rehape them and install by hand.

Tom

sigpic

Try Restoration Specialties in Windber Pa. 814-467-5323 email: info@restorationspecialties.com
    Ask for wire staples for masticated rubber, they sell the rubber too! I bought staples from them years ago, but don't see them in current catalog, I think it's one of those items you have to ask for. JS
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

63-80 used a staple on the same part that is readly available through any Corvette aftermarket vendor.(Mid America, Ecklers, etc)k I don't know if the same size but I bet they will work/

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, "When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done."

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
      Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

Thanks, Ill look into it
        Tom

sigpic

Comment

I just used ordinary staples. Don't remember the size but I could check tomorrow. It was a real pain to put them in, but they are cheap and seem to be holding up just fine, it has been a couple of years now.

Don

Comment

I seen them in SI's catelog

[IMG]

Home of the Fried Green Tomato
            "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
            1964 Daytona HT
            1966 Daytona
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "