Memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories

I want to thank everyone that shares pictures of Studebakers as well as past history in print and pictures of the plant before after etc. I was born and raised in South Bend and that area and had many relatives and friends that worked there. I often drove around and through the plant location in the 50's & 60's. Never worked there myself and I am ashamed to say I never toured the plant except for the Avanti plant. Guess the last 72 years have brought on a lot of nostalgia. Thanks to everyone on the forum's for giving me hours of enjoyment. We do own a 1960 Hawk we are quite proud of. My wife's first car was a 1950 Starlight coupe.

quote:Originally posted by jim nichols
    We do own a 1960 Hawk we are quite proud of.
    Is yours the Gulfstream Blue one that was at the meet in 2002?

Craig

Comment

Every time that I have seen that 1960 Hawk it has been spit and polished and ready for judging. What a sweet ride!!!!!.

Ed
      Ed

Comment

I agree with you, I really enjoy seeing pics of the plant itself. It is quite a place to visit on top of that. Do you have any core sand from the foundry or bricks from the engineering building or foundry? If not, I can ship some. I have buckets and crates of the stuff. $15

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

No Craig mine is black. I bought it Nov 05 and it has only been to the South Bend meet in 07 and Lancaster in 08.

Thanks for the compliments ED. By the way thank Dee for me for the funny emails![

Chris I have a lot of family back in South Bend and try to visit them every year. Last year in Oct. I did nose around the foundry and engineering buildings and of course I never fail to visit the Studebaker museum at least once while there. I also drove out to the Chippewa plant but Ed was just about to start moving stuff from the engineering building. Looking forward to visiting Ed's new branch sometime this year. I am going to see if somehow I can get to see at least part of the interior of the administration and assembly buildings next to the RR tracks. My oldest brother worked in the assembly building while employed by Studebaker.
          By the way you send a lot of neat stuff I really enjoy to the forum. Thanks!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jim nichols

No Craig mine is black. I bought it Nov 05 and it has only been to the South Bend meet in 07 and Lancaster in 08.

Thanks for the compliments ED. By the way thank Dee for me for the funny emails![

Chris I have a lot of family back in South Bend and try to visit them every year. Last year in Oct. I did nose around the foundry and engineering buildings and of course I never fail to visit the Studebaker museum at least once while there. I also drove out to the Chippewa plant but Ed was just about to start moving stuff from the engineering building. Looking forward to visiting Ed's new branch sometime this year. I am going to see if somehow I can get to see at least part of the interior of the administration and assembly buildings next to the RR tracks. My oldest brother worked in the assembly building while employed by Studebaker.
            By the way you send a lot of neat stuff I really enjoy to the forum. Thanks!
            If you can get in building #84 (body building by the RR tracks) let me know as I have never been in that building.

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
            X