INFORMAL YORK SURVEY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INFORMAL YORK SURVEY

Joe R. was wondering about folks' plans for York given the day changes this year. I'm curious too. How about anyone venturing their plans...and..any planned impromptu or other gatherings on what day/night during the meet. Are their Saturday night event(s) scheduled ?

I will likely travel from Mass to York on Thursday. Vend outside on Friday and do ALL my shopping that day. Get up and leave early Saturday AM.

I have a vendor's space but live only slightly more than an hour from York. I'll be commuting back and forth and won't take time for plans outside of vending itself plus a bit of shopping from other vendors should I be able to make time for it.

Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

I plan on going up on Wednesday, setting up on Thur. morning, then vend on Thursday afternoon, Friday and all day Saturday. Party Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and come home on Sunday.
      Mostly just PARTY, PARTY, PARTY.

Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

I can't make it Thursday, but will be driving down Friday morning. I've got to stay overnight so that I can pick up the raffle car that I'll win on Saturday.

Jim Bradley
        Lewistown PA
        '78 Avanti II
        Jim Bradley
        Lake Monticello, VA
        '78 Avanti II
        sigpic

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Rerun
          I've got to stay overnight so that I can pick up the raffle car that I'll win on Saturday.
          Do you still have an extra key? [8]

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I plan on heading out on Wednesday about noon or so, will be ready to set up on Thursday morning! Heading back Saturday sometime

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Rerun

I can't make it Thursday, but will be driving down Friday morning. I've got to stay overnight so that I can pick up the raffle car that I'll win on Saturday.

Jim Bradley
              Lewistown PA
              '78 Avanti II
              Sorry Jim but Im holding the winning ticket here
              Tom

sigpic

Comment

I'll do it like I always have- arrive Fri. morning and leave Sat. afternoon. Will have lunch at Hooters and head back (about 5 hours); time enough to get changed and take Momma out on the town[8D]

In the past I've always wondered what, if anything, I was missing on Sunday; but I never could stay because of family Sundays and work on Monday. I didn't ask for the change but I'm sure glad it's happened!

It seems to me that most everything for sale is there by Saturday. Who brings items or cars for sale just on Sunday? It would only be local folks, and they could just as easily make sure their stuff is there for Saturday since they have to; so potentially those of us who couldn't be there Sunday will get a chance at more stuff!

jackb- It would be a shame if you left early Saturday. The peak of the cars/parts for sale is late Sat. morning. You don't wanna miss out, do ya??

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

If anybody has a 1956 Commander 2 door drivers side door I will go. SI is not helping me out. And I am way behind. On the car.

7G-Q1 49 2R12 10G-F5 56B-D4 56B-F2

Studebaker Diners Club

Comment

JB,

Welcome back to the forum. I haven't seen you post for awhile, and was wondering if you were hibernating for the winter.

Since I missed Reedsville, I hope to make it to York.
                    JWW

Comment

Brad Johnson,
                      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Excellent idea again Brad. I'm in!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Gerald Hiter and I will be leaving home when he gets off work at 5:00 pm on Wednesday. Drive 4.5 hours to York, put in at Motel 6 and get a good nights' sleep. Up on Thrusday AM, eat a big breakfast at Around the Clock and then mosey down to the Fairgrounds. Hope to get in Building A before Noon. We have three spaces (40-42) in front of the sh-t-house doors. We'll be serving as Studebaker Truck Farmers' Central. Also bring $$ when you stop by.

Will vend through Saturday 5:00 PM. Our Chapter will have dinner at Alexanders Restaurant beginning at 6:00 PM and then the drive home.

The Studebaker Truck Farmer's 5th annual dinner will be held on Friday at 6:00 PM at Sam and Tony's Restaurant in downtown York. Planning on a great weekend.[]

Frank Drumheller
                          Louisa, VA
                          60S-W6
                          1948 M16-52 Boyer-bodied fire truck

Comment

Planning on leaving Georgia wednesday,check everything thurs, fri, sat, leave sat
                            or sunday.STF dinner friday night.Iam sure i will find some stuff to buy for
                            my Avanti or Champ pickup.

Lenny
                            Atlanta Ga.

Comment

Working...
                            X