White Spot Service, Vancouver BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Spot Service, Vancouver BC

I received the production order for my '63 Hamilton assembled Hawk today. It was delivered to White Spot Service on Granville in Vancouver. Does anybody remember this Stude Dealership?

The car was built with black wall tires. Rare, I would guess, for a GT Hawk. Fits with the 1964 pictures I have of the car.

I don't think the small hubcaps are original, but they do look good with the blackwalls.

The options are...

black and white vinyl
    4 speed
    climatizer
    disc brakes
    front bumper guards
    tach

Seems like an odd combination of options for a car built to stock. Since the dealership is stated on the build sheet, and considering the options, is it likely that the car was ordered by the end customer?

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Just a couple of thoughts about the hub caps and wheels based on the order sheet and the photos.

1) I would think the deluxe, or similar wheel covers would be listed on the build sheet. My '64 Daytona lists a wheel disc (X79) and white side walls (51).

2) The photos seem to be really clear. With the white wheels, I don't see any scratch marks from where wheel covers were installed. If I were to hazard a guess, I think your car came with hub caps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Just a couple of thoughts about the hub caps and wheels based on the order sheet and the photos.

1) I would think the deluxe, or similar wheel covers would be listed on the build sheet. My '64 Daytona lists a wheel disc (X79) and white side walls (51).

2) The photos seem to be really clear. With the white wheels, I don't see any scratch marks from where wheel covers were installed. If I were to hazard a guess, I think your car came with hub caps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

quote:Seems like an odd combination of options for a car built to stock. Since the dealership is stated on the build sheet, and considering the options, is it likely that the car was ordered by the end customer?
        I had a build sheet for a 63 Lark I used to own and it stated
        "RUSH - SOLD" on the build sheet, but I also have the build sheet on my convertible and it doesn't say that and I think it was also ordered by a customer.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Seems like an odd combination of options for a car built to stock. Since the dealership is stated on the build sheet, and considering the options, is it likely that the car was ordered by the end customer?
          I had a build sheet for a 63 Lark I used to own and it stated
          "RUSH - SOLD" on the build sheet, but I also have the build sheet on my convertible and it doesn't say that and I think it was also ordered by a customer.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster
            Full wheel covers were (supposedly) stock on '63 Hawks. Perhaps not on '64 Daytona's?

Does anybody else have a build sheet for a '63 Hawk? Were the wheel covers listed?

Dick Steinkamp
            Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Swifster
              Full wheel covers were (supposedly) stock on '63 Hawks. Perhaps not on '64 Daytona's?

Does anybody else have a build sheet for a '63 Hawk? Were the wheel covers listed?

Dick Steinkamp
              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Dick

White Spot was the last operating Stude dealership in Vancouver. They took on Datsun(Nissan) after Stude quit, but maintained their parts stock until 1978. White Spot took its name from the fact that it was right across the street from the original White Spot restaurant on Granville which is still a well known local restaurant chain. The owners name was Syd Morrey. It is now Morrey Nissan and is part of the Morrey Auto Group run by Syd's sons. In its last years the dealership moved to the corner of Lougheed Hiway and Willingdon Avenue in Burnaby. The original White Spot restaurant burned down probably 15 years ago.

Terry Godkin
                BC Coastal Chapter
                27 Dictator sedan
                54 Commander Starliner

Comment

Dick

White Spot was the last operating Stude dealership in Vancouver. They took on Datsun(Nissan) after Stude quit, but maintained their parts stock until 1978. White Spot took its name from the fact that it was right across the street from the original White Spot restaurant on Granville which is still a well known local restaurant chain. The owners name was Syd Morrey. It is now Morrey Nissan and is part of the Morrey Auto Group run by Syd's sons. In its last years the dealership moved to the corner of Lougheed Hiway and Willingdon Avenue in Burnaby. The original White Spot restaurant burned down probably 15 years ago.

Terry Godkin
                  BC Coastal Chapter
                  27 Dictator sedan
                  54 Commander Starliner

Comment

Dick,

I have the build sheet for my 63 "GT" Hawk.
                    No mention of hub caps or wheel covers.
                    In fact it's very brief..
                    Destination, Minneapolis, Minn.
                    Green mist paint
                    634 GC (whatever that is)
                    Flight o matic
                    Power steering
                    Undercoating
                    White sidewalls
                    Climatizer..

That's it!

BTW, does anyone have any info on what dealer in Minneapolis it might have been delivered to?

George
                    65 Commander 2door
                    64 Wagonaire 3 now!
                    63 Champ
                    63 GT Hawk
                    51 Champion Starlight Coupe
                    George King
                    Grants Pass, Oregon
                    64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Dick,

I have the build sheet for my 63 "GT" Hawk.
                      No mention of hub caps or wheel covers.
                      In fact it's very brief..
                      Destination, Minneapolis, Minn.
                      Green mist paint
                      634 GC (whatever that is)
                      Flight o matic
                      Power steering
                      Undercoating
                      White sidewalls
                      Climatizer..

That's it!

BTW, does anyone have any info on what dealer in Minneapolis it might have been delivered to?

George
                      65 Commander 2door
                      64 Wagonaire 3 now!
                      63 Champ
                      63 GT Hawk
                      51 Champion Starlight Coupe
                      George King
                      Grants Pass, Oregon
                      64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Thanks, Terry!

Did you know this car when Janis Liepins owned it (1974-2006)?

Dick Steinkamp
                        Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks, Terry!

Did you know this car when Janis Liepins owned it (1974-2006)?

Dick Steinkamp
                          Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks, George.

I guess the standard equipment (like wheel covers) probably wasn't listed on the build sheet.

Dick Steinkamp
                            Bellingham, WA

Comment

Thanks, George.

I guess the standard equipment (like wheel covers) probably wasn't listed on the build sheet.

Dick Steinkamp
                              Bellingham, WA

Comment

Working...
                              X