What is the Accessory Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Accessory Number

I have a Delco Model 986099 radio that came out of my 1962 Hawk. I am trying to find out the Studebaker Model Number... anyone able to help?

Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker
    Laisez le bon temps roulez avec un Studebaker

Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

That is not a Studebaker ACXXXX (four numbers) AC number, it's on an orange paper tag, if that is gone, you are done, I don't think we have a Delco part number list.

If it fits well in the '62 Hawk it may be the correct AC # for a Hawk. Lark, Hawk, Avanti, manual, push button or AM&FM on '64-'66, all are different numbers.

Does it have a '62 White face dial?

StudeRich
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Someone posted a list of Studebaker radio accessory numbers here three or four years ago. I printed a hard copy but can't find it.
        Using the "Search" function gives me an error message.
        maybe someone else remembers the post and can recall it.
        It was JDP who posted it but like you, my search did not bring up the post.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

The radio in my 62 GT Hawk has the orange tag that says "AC 3216". It says Studebaker All Transistor on the chrome bezel, has a white dial and white pushbuttons but has black knobs. What year and what type of Studebaker did it come from?

Peter Bishop

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Someone posted a list of Studebaker radio accessory numbers here three or four years ago. I printed a hard copy but can't find it.
            Using the "Search" function gives me an error message.
            maybe someone else remembers the post and can recall it.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PeterHawk

The radio in my 62 GT Hawk has the orange tag that says "AC 3216". It says Studebaker All Transistor on the chrome bezel, has a white dial and white pushbuttons but has black knobs. What year and what type of Studebaker did it come from?
              It's not in my March 1, 1961 Accessories price list, so since it's AC # is higher than those I have, it most likely is a '62 Hawk Radio, someone with the '62 book will verify that.

It just has had the knobs replaced with 1966 black ones, if they are the small tapered, serrated ones with the very small stainless concave (cone shaped) discs in the center. [^]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 8E45E
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13880&SearchTerms=ac3500
                Craig,

I tried all sorts of combo's without luck, thanks for digging this up. I wonder if we should not post this as a "sticky"?

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

That's a 1965 Chevrolet AM radio!

Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Dwain G.

That's a 1965 Chevrolet AM radio!

Dwain-
                    That listing is in error. I have copies of the original Chevy accessory books from that period, and the part number of the 65 full-size Chevy radio is 986098, not 986099. For the record, part nummber 986099 was assigned to a dual horn kit for 47 Chevy trucks. GM did recycle their accessory part numbers on about a 20-year cycle.

Skip Lackie
                    Washington DC
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

Well, he does say "There may be an error of tow!". Still Skip, I'm not gonna be the one to tell him after reading all his rules and regulations down near the bottom of that page.[B)]

Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

My book F says 1962 Lark push button radio AC 3216

Comment

Working...
                        X