Chris' other Eye Candy 1/30 Factory test car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris' other Eye Candy 1/30 Factory test car

Not sure if it was true or not, but I am just going by what the web site where I found the pics said. Apperantly this car was pulled off the assembly line at random and taken to the proving ground to be used as a standard test car. As in, not a prototype and not modified, but just ran around the test track, hill road, cross country dirt road, water trough, break test, 0-60, etc. Again, no proof, but probably was used as one at one time.[?]

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Tach application looks like a natural but that gauge cluster looks like it's listing 45 degrees to starboard. I guess maybe that's the stock orientation but it sure looks weird after years of reading '63-'66 dashes.

Any idea what the label on the dash says, or what the box on the firewall in the passenger footwell is?

Keoni Dibelka / HiloFoto
    In Hawai'i; on Hawai'i; on the Windward Side
    If da salt air never chew 'em up bumbye da lava will...

Comment

Looks likt the decal on the dash is just taped on.

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

That car was posted here quite a while ago and discussed. The most plausable explanation was that it was possibly a Mobilgas economy run test car, or owned by someone crazy for intrumentation. Strange that the hood emblem is gone- makes it look wierd.

Evan Davis
        Prairie Bulletin
        Saskatchewan Chapter
        Prince Albert, Sk
        Evan Davis
        Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Working...
        X