Walgreens '53 Diecast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walgreens '53 Diecast

Was at Walgreens today and while waiting for my prescription I noticed a "Speed Wheels" '53 Coupe in the toy department. The car looks like this:

-- the same size as matchbox/hot wheels and it is on a red card that says "Series XIII." Copyrights on the back indicate 2008 so it's not new new but google doesn't turn up much, just a current eBay auction for one. It was 79 cents (2 for $1.39 but I couldn't find a second one). Now I gotta call Ed Bauer and get him busy!

Hey Bob, did you get the M truck grille strip fasteners I sent ya?

Matthew Burnette
    Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Starlight Stainless
    912-253-3037

Comment

Yep -- just got back from a trip and they were there waiting for me! Thanks!

Comment

This car has been availible for a while. It was part of a five pack set two years ago. It was part of a 20 piece play set also. It is made by Maisto.
        I have not been able to find them in Walgreens before. I guess I'll have to start checking again.

Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO
        President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
        Gary Sanders
        Nixa, MO

Comment

I see these intermittently in Zellers stores here in southern Ontario; also found one once in a Dollarama dollar store! Have bought every one I've ever found. (Will shortly be sending one Chris D's way. A '53 Starliner going from Hamilton to South Bend. How apt.)

S.

Comment

Sweet !!! Can you put that 53 coupe into a "nuclear magneto matter rearranger" and enlarge it to actual real life scale so I can drive away with it. Of course if this would cause your electric bill to cost more than buying one off of e-bay maybe we better re-think it.

John

63R-2386 under restoration & modification
            sigpic
            John
            63R-2386
            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Steve T

I see these intermittently in Zellers stores here in southern Ontario; also found one once in a Dollarama dollar store! Have bought every one I've ever found. (Will shortly be sending one Chris D's way. A '53 Starliner going from Hamilton to South Bend. How apt.)

S.
              Cool! Hmn, maybe now I should make a really big northern extension on the train board and build a model of the Hamilton plant...[)] Thanks!

Chris Dresbach

Chris Dresbach

Comment

The Walgreens in my East Dearborn, MI. neighborhood had one '53 Stude, which I grabbed last Saturday. Tonight, at another Walgreens, I saw two 5 packs with the '53 in the set. There may have been more but I kept knocking packages off the rack and was too embarrased to continue. Thank you forum. I had no idea that these toys existed! Huck in Detroit

Gary Hildebrandt
                Gary Hildebrandt

Comment

Working...
                X