Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best engine stand idea!

Check this out- what an excellent idea!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

That is really nice!
    And I just love that air filter set up.

Dean.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Check this out- what an excellent idea!
      Great Idea, and I happen to have an unused pallet jack.

Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Almost too neat to put back into the car.

Jim K.
        63 Hawk
        Jim K.
        63 Hawk

Comment

Anyone for pallet jack racing????

sals54
          sals54

Comment

An absolutely great idea, if one has access to an old pallet jack for cheap money. However, around here, operating pallet jacks usually go for $250. I'm immediately starting to look for one with blown hydraulics, as the lift wouldn't be necessary for this application.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
            PackardV8

Comment

quote:Originally posted by PackardV8

I'm immediately starting to look for one with blown hydraulics, as the lift wouldn't be necessary for this application.
              Someone in that thread did say that same thing. When they get old the seals go and apparently they're expensive to fix. Ideal for this application.

Like you I have already looked around a little for one. One change I would do is source some solid wheels to replace the front rollers to make for easier rolling.

If I find a source for CASO pallet jacks I'll let everybody know

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:If I find a source for CASO pallet jacks I'll let everybody know
                Make that a suggested source for local purchase. Shipping a pallet jack isn't even a remote possibility, as they weigh from 200-500# and take up 2'x4' on the floor.

Part two - If an operating pallet jack is found, I can see how the engine stand can be designed and constructed to fit over the pallet jack for being moved, but stand on its own feet when the pallet jack is needed for its primary use. Not necessary to weld the stand to the jack

thnx,jack vines

PackardV8
                PackardV8

Comment

I used an old style metal grocery store cart. Just whacked off the top basket. With very little modification was able to set a 259 engine and tranny combo on it. You know, "Let's go Krogering" I went to the rear out side of the store and there were plenty of beat up buggys there. Asked the manager and he said take a couple. Sure does roll and maneuver nice on a concrete floor. Turns on a dime. Yippi-ya-o-kay-a jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
                  sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Yeah, the "source" comment was tongue-in-cheek. Location is key of course.

Another thing I'd do is build a modular mount that would unbolt and accept a different fixture for different engines. A step better is what you said IF your jack is operable.

Maybe we can brainstorm an excellent idea into an even BETTER design!

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

I used an old style metal grocery store cart. Just whacked off the top basket. With very little modification was able to set a 259 engine and tranny combo on it. You know, "Let's go Krogering" I went to the rear out side of the store and there were plenty of beat up buggys there. Asked the manager and he said take a couple. Sure does roll and maneuver nice on a concrete floor. Turns on a dime. Yippi-ya-o-kay-a jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.

I've never found a shopping cart yet that would go in a straight line.

Doug
                      Venice, Florida
                      1950 Champion
                      9G F1

Comment

Okay, I am going to have to make me one of those air cleaners!

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction.

Comment

Forwarded the link to many of my carguy pals.
                          Reaction has all been positive, and many loved the hubcap air cleaner cover.

Chris Pile
                          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Maybe ask the local Harbor Freight manager if he ever gets returns...they might not want to ship them again either!

Ted
                            '57 Champion

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Invalid User Name

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

I've never found a shopping cart yet that would go in a straight line.

Doug
                              Venice, Florida
                              1950 Champion
                              9G F1
                              make sure you get one with good wheel bearings and don't forget to adjust the caster on the front caster wheels. jimmijim

sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
                              X