No announcement yet.

From the Archives #22 (truck military)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From the Archives #22 (truck military)

Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

WOW! That would have made an excellent fertilizer spreader or crop sprayer in the fields. One could also use it at the tractor & truck pulls. Cool photo!

SnowLark
    In the middle of Minnestudea
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

The guys on the truck-type TV shows haven't done anything to match that! I would not want to try to stop some one in that-looks wild!!

Comment

I guess it was built for export -- RHD
        JWW

Comment

Saw many of these in the early to mid 60's when at Ft. Lewis WA. Thanks for the memories, Richard
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

This is a first for me I can see this thing with large flotation type tires in competition against the Gravedigger crushing everything in its site

Tom

sigpic

Comment

That would be a keeper!
              Interesting to see that it is RH drive.

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar Deluxe
              Vancouver Island Chapter
              http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander

Comment

Can I order two? Of course I want duals on the rear! Note the running board, it does not appear to be a standard Transtar type but looks more like a modified one from a M-16.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I believe that was the prototype for the trucks proposed to be built for the Indian Army in 1958-59. Stude had built some RHD model 3R48 trucks in 1954 for India.

At last year's York meet, Sharon Hall was selling a copy of the proposal that Stude had submitted to the Indian Army. It included a number of photos and complete specs.

Skip Lackie
                  Washington DC
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by JWW

I guess it was built for export -- RHD
                    JWW

Never know, John, we have some serious mail carriers on this Forum and they aren't the wallflower type.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

I believe that was the prototype for the trucks proposed to be built for the Indian Army in 1958-59. Stude had built some RHD model 3R48 trucks in 1954 for India.

At last year's York meet, Sharon Hall was selling a copy of the proposal that Stude had submitted to the Indian Army. It included a number of photos and complete specs.

Skip Lackie
                      Washington DC

Skip, do you need a 2R48 parts book ? I think I still have one. Probably some parts left in the old SASCO inventory.

JDP/Maryland
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Muhahahahahaha! I've GOT to clone that someday! That is AWESOME!!!!!

Dylan Wills
                        [IMG][/IMG]
                        '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
                        Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
                        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
                        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

quote:Originally posted by Skip Lackie

Skip Lackie
                          Washington DC

Skip, do you need a 2R48 parts book ? I think I still have one. Probably some parts left in the old SASCO inventory.

JDP/Maryland
                          Thanks, but already have one. Why did we buy them in the first place?

Skip Lackie
                          Washington DC
                          Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                          X