Master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master cylinder

I have a 1962 daytona w/o pwr.brk and i would like to go to a duel master cyl.Does any one know which one i can go to with the least amount of trouble? thanks
    James R Jones

How about this kit? http://www.avantiparts.biz/servlet/t...version/Detail

John in VA

1963 Avanti R2
    John
    1963 Avanti R2
    Marshall, VA

Comment

Or Jim Turner has this. http://www.turnerbrake.com/mcbrackets.html

1963 Avanti R2
      John
      1963 Avanti R2
      Marshall, VA

Comment

Thanks i will give them a try.I was wondering if a master cyl. from a 63'or64 studebaker would work.

James R Jones
        James R Jones

Comment

Use a 68 Mustang M/C, you WILL need to adjust the push rod that goes into the M/C bore. I cut the one on my 62 Lark about 1/4" short, then drilled and tapped it to accept a 10-32 button head allen screw. Use the button head allen to adjust, then a drop of loctite on the threads.
          The Mustang M/C will bolt up to the fire wall.

Jim
          "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
          their Memorials!

Comment

Thanks Jim, that sounds easier and quicker,than the others , i talked to another guy a few minutes ago and he has a Rambler master cyl. on his 63' he is going to call with the # tomorrow, it's a two (2) bolt, but he has not had any trouble ,It has been on the car a couple of years.

James R Jones
            James R Jones

Comment

quote:Originally posted by unimogjohn

How about this kit? http://www.avantiparts.biz/servlet/t...version/Detail John in VA
              Just for the record, NEVER use a Master Cylinder like this or this kit on a car like this '62 Lark Drum brake car! [xx(]

Brakes are nothing to fool with or guess! This is ONLY for Power Disc. Brake cars! [:0] There would be NO residual valve on at least the front brake portion or both. [xx(]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Thanks John i ruled that one out already.

James R Jones
                James R Jones

Comment

If your mounting is 4 bolt how about this for a non power, all drum 72 Plymouth duster?

R2 R5388 @ Macungie 2006________________ 1988 "Beater" Avanti

Comment

I tried that one ,the activating rod exit's between the top and bottom bolts ,and the Studebaker one exit's between the two bottom bolts so it would not align with the hole in my firewall, thanks any way.

James R Jones
                    James R Jones

Comment

Working...
                    X