Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What a Great Family Weekend! (many pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a Great Family Weekend! (many pics)

We thought we'd share some of our photos from the Santa Cruz Valley Car Nuts' 16th Annual Collector Car Show yesterday in Tubac, Arizona (in addition to the pictures Bridgegaurd posted earlier.)

We loaded up the Studebakers on Friday night following a week of nasty weather and a lot of rain. We were hoping for clear skies for our trip down to Green Valley, but ran into more rain, wind, and just plain nasty weather on the way down. Not fun! Once we arrived at G.D.'s (Bridgegaurd's) house for the night, the rain really set in and we began to wonder whether we should have just stayed home.

We keep both Studebakers in our garage and they are not used to rain in Arizona (they're a little spoiled!) They only get wet when they get washed! John noticed a small leak in the roof of the cab, so we covered it up with a tarp overnight just to play it safe. It worked like a charm and we woke up to a beautiful, clear morning (and a dry seat!) We pulled both vehicles off the trailers, dried them off, piled everyone in, and headed 23 miles down the road to the show.

The show is usually held on grass and would have been our first show on grass. Unfortunately, they had to move the show to the asphalt due to the rain. The show committee did a good job fitting all of the cars in the much smaller space. Our son obviously didn't mind the change of plans!

G.D. (Bridgegaurd) was pre-registered for the show but didn't have a vehicle there since he sold most of his Studebakers this past week. (That's okay, Tracy's willing to share George!)

We were given a great spot at the end of an aisle right across from the food booth. Both the President and the truck got a lot of attention.

The Smith girls always seem to manage to get invited to sit in some really beautiful cars. This particular vehicle had driven all the way across the country and had the most comfortable seats Tracy's ever sat in (Shh, don't tell George! She always goes on and on about how comfortable the President is!)

Our daughter next to her favorite truck.

It was a chilly day with scattered showers and a brisk wind. Being Arizona children, our kids constructed "caves" out of their chairs and blankets to ward off the cold. Here's our son's "den."

Our daughter had her own little princess cave that she hid in while she wasn't taking pictures of cars or befriending every dog she met.

We always enjoy getting to visit with Jeff Jones and his beautiful truck! It's a standout and always attracts a crowd.

We had gorgeous weather for the most part and a lot of people came out to see the cars.

Jeff's a great guy and always lets our son sit in his truck. It's Thayer's favorite truck (it also happens to be his favorite color!)

Jilly's favorite place at a car show is hanging out George's window, waving at everyone who walks by!

It may have been cold, but G.D. (Bridgegaurd) found

How great are those shots? Wow! [^][^][^]

Comment

I really like the picture of George with the mountains in the background! [][8D]

Thanks for sharing.

<h5>Mark
      '57 Transtar Deluxe
      Vancouver Island Chapter
      http://visdc.shawwebspace.ca/ </h5>

Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Outstanding photos. thank you for sharing

58 Packard Wagons
        63 Lark R2
        62 Lark Skytop

Comment

Looks like a great show, and even better pics! Thanks!

Dylan Wills
          [IMG][/IMG]
          '61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
          Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
          1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Thanks for the pictures! Especially the one of George and the snow capped mountains. Reminds me of 2004 when I lived in Green Valley Jan -Aug. Worked in So Tucson commuted from GV daily. Beautiful country.

Comment

Everytime I see George I wish we could'a (should'a)
              got a shot of him and Cleo together way back when... [V]

though I will say~
              Sweet Pea was more then happy to mingle with him when we visited
              in the empty lot next to that Burger King in San Diego's East County.

StudeDave '57 [8D]
              Ferndale, WA

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
              '57 Parkview 'Betsy' (she's a 2dr wagon)
              '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
              '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
              '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
              '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
              SDC Member since 1985

past President
              Whatcom County Chapter SDC
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC
              North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks for posting such a great report.

Doug
                Venice, Florida
                1950 Champion
                9G F1

Comment

NICE! That mountain shot is a TW cover for sure![^]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                  Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by John and Tracy Smith

We thought we'd share some of our photos from the Santa Cruz Valley Car Nuts' 16th Annual Collector Car Show yesterday in Tubac, Arizona (in addition to the pictures Bridgegaurd posted earlier.)

G.D. (Bridgegaurd) was pre-registered for the show but didn't have a vehicle there since he sold most of his Studebakers this past week. (That's okay, Tracy's willing to share George!)
                    Does that jacket make me look fat??

Comment

Great pictures. Liked the last one with the mountains.

Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO
                      President Toy Studebaker Collectors Club. Have an interest in Toy Studebakers? Contact me for details.
                      Gary Sanders
                      Nixa, MO

Comment

Kudo's on the mountain shot.

Where are your snow hunks [?]
                        Goose, mav, or Slider, [:0] ha ha aha ha aha.

The kids "cave" idea could work real well in the summer sun.hmmmm.
                        I predict many more make shift Cabana's at the International.

ChopStu

125 weeks till completion.
                        61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

I always enjoy your pictures of events you attend. I guess most of that enjoyment comes about because you always include the kids. I got a real kick out of their "caves". Having two granddaughters, one 6 and one 2 1/2 (She won't let me forget the "1/2"!), the idea of a "princess cave" really hits home. Thanks for a chuckle this morning, I appreciate it.

Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Guys, those are great pics. You're making some great memories with your kids, ones they'll recall fondly when they're older. Good job (and nice photos too)! Thanks for sharing.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
                            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by bridgegaurd
                              Does that jacket make me look fat??

Nahhh, you're just big boned. [)] I am worried that you look like you're sleeping standing up, though.

Comment

Working...
                              X