63-64-Hawk Dash photo needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63-64-Hawk Dash photo needed

Does any body here have a photo of at least the drivers side portion of the 63-64 Hawk dash revealing the switches, slider controls and marking tags. If so, would you mind posting please. I know the 62 is different. thank you jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Here's a couple of shots for you Jim.

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
    Oakville, Ontario.
    Hamilton Chapter

1964 GT Hawk
    PSMCDR 2014
    Best time: 14.473 sec. 96.57 MPH quarter mile
    PSMCDR 2013
    Best time: 14.654 sec. 94.53 MPH quarter

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Thanks a bunch Allen jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

What is your gearing that requires 2900 RPM for 68 MPH?

Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

If you need backside photos of dash, I have those as well.

Peter Bishop

Comment

Looks like I'm a little late, but here's a fresh photo.

SnowLark
            In the middle of Minnestudea
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I have a 3.54:1 rear ratio. It's a nice compromise between the 3.31 and 3.73 for acceleration and highway driving. I like to do both. My Hawk has a powershift in it as well.

[quote]studegary Posted - 01/24/2010 : 1:16:51 PM What is your gearing that requires 2900 RPM for 68 MPH?[quote]

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
              Oakville, Ontario.
              Hamilton Chapter

1964 GT Hawk
              PSMCDR 2014
              PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

Allen, when you restored your gages, did you remove and reinstall the black crimped-on rings? If so, how did you do that? Thanks.

Comment

Here's a few of my '63...

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

quote:studefan Posted - 01/24/2010 : 2:35:16 PM Allen, when you restored your gages, did you remove and reinstall the black crimped-on rings? If so, how did you do that? Thanks.
                    That's exactly what I did.

I carefully bent back the black ring a little at a time, just enough to get it apart and be able to put it back together again. I took all the black pieces to my media blaster, then painted them all flat black. Cleaned the faces with Q-tips and mild soap/water solution. It hard to believe how yellow those tips get from the atmospheric soil. Clean them softly until no more yellow comes off.

The red plastic for the high beam light was burnt up so I used some red plastic remote control airplane wing covering and ironed it to a piece of acetate. Cut it out and glued it to the paper tube.

Be careful and DON'T drop the glass when you use Windex to clean them. (it holds up the process a few weeks when you have to get another speedo glass). If your asking,... its called butter fingers, and it really hurts when the glass of your 160MPH speedo hits the concrete and breaks...there is a slight tint to that glass so you can't go down the street and get a circle cut. Ray "Studeman" came to my rescue with an old speedo gauge and sent me the glass from one he had lying around. Thanks again Ray.

You have to make sure there is no dust at all in the gauge before putting it all back together. Putting them back together is the tricky part because they have to fit back into the chrome bezels, so work around the gauge with round/flat punch and make it tight. Hitting that ring causes crap to get into the gauge but don't despair.

On the gauges that I have done something always gets on that glass. I carefully and partially blew compressed air into one of the gauge holes and blew it out the other light hole to get it off.

I also took off the little cap at the back of the speedo head and dropped a few drops of sewing machine oil in there and put the cap back on.

They turned out really good so I've done a couple of the gauges in my convertible as well. Same method but I used orange florescent paint sprayed onto a piece of paper then applied the paint with a small modelers paint brush to the needles. They look new as well.

I just have to find the time to do the rest of them.

Allen

1964 R2 GT Hawk

1963 Daytona Convertible
                    Oakville, Ontario.
                    Hamilton Chapter

1964 GT Hawk
                    PSMCDR 2014
                    PSMCDR 2013

Victoria, Canada

Comment

hanks to all that have posted.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by jimmijim8

Thanks to all that have posted.

Comment

Working...
                        X