62 Lark Taxi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 Lark Taxi

Here are some photos of the 62 Lark Taxi that is in the Roanoke (Virginia) Transportation Museum. This was an actual working taxi in Roanoke in the 60s.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Nice photos, Leonard. Is that the famous 3-speed on the floor?

Comment

Nice photos, Leonard. Is that the famous 3-speed on the floor?

Comment

Is that the stock floor shift that Studebaker offered in the taxi for '62? I have never actually seen an operational one of those, only the illustration from the parts manual.

I thought about picking up those parts to convert another 62 Lark to floor shift operation but... SASCO has some of the parts but not all of them

Jeff T.

"I'm getting nowhere as fast as I can"
        The Replacements.
        \"I\'m getting nowhere as fast as I can\"
        The Replacements.

Comment

Is that the stock floor shift that Studebaker offered in the taxi for '62? I have never actually seen an operational one of those, only the illustration from the parts manual.

I thought about picking up those parts to convert another 62 Lark to floor shift operation but... SASCO has some of the parts but not all of them

Jeff T.

The Replacements.
          The Replacements.

Comment

quote: Nice photos, Leonard. Is that the famous 3-speed on the floor?
            I assume it is. Here is a close up. I don't know what the block of wood is for.

Leonard Shepherd, editor, The Commanding Leader, Central Virginia Chapter, http://centralvirginiachapter.org/

Comment

Comment

Was the carpet different on these and other Larks equipped with a manual floor shifter (3 speed, T10 etc?)
                Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Was the carpet different on these and other Larks equipped with a manual floor shifter (3 speed, T10 etc?)
                  Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff T.

I have seen exactly one. It was in a '65 six cylinder 4 door sedan, and even had the zippered access holes in the headliner. I bet that
                    62 is supposed to have the HD rubber mats in it; not carpeting.

Craig

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by Jeff T.

I have seen exactly one. It was in a '65 six cylinder 4 door sedan, and even had the zippered access holes in the headliner. I bet that
                      62 is supposed to have the HD rubber mats in it; not carpeting.

Craig

Comment

A for what it's worth...

In 63-64 Studebaker taxis used a top/cone floorshift unit on the T90/86 transmission.

Again Sasco has most but not all of the parts to convert a standard three speed. I haven't figured out if the shift base in Sasco's inventory is the complete shift unit or just the top casting.

The difference would be the shifter comes out of the middle of the hump up toward the dash like in the Champ pickup.

Again I have only seen this unit in the parts manual.

Any dead Lark taxis out there for parts

Jeff T.

The Replacements.
                        The Replacements.

Comment

A for what it's worth...

In 63-64 Studebaker taxis used a top/cone floorshift unit on the T90/86 transmission.

Again Sasco has most but not all of the parts to convert a standard three speed. I haven't figured out if the shift base in Sasco's inventory is the complete shift unit or just the top casting.

The difference would be the shifter comes out of the middle of the hump up toward the dash like in the Champ pickup.

Again I have only seen this unit in the parts manual.

Any dead Lark taxis out there for parts

Jeff T.

The Replacements.
                          The Replacements.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

That block of wood is interesting. My Hudsons have a wet cork clutch and I keep a block of wood like that in each car to keep the clutch pedal depressed and keep the clutch from sticking after long periods of storage. Do Stude clutches ever stick due to non-use? I've never had one of my Stude truck clutches stick......[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                            http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

That block of wood is interesting. My Hudsons have a wet cork clutch and I keep a block of wood like that in each car to keep the clutch pedal depressed and keep the clutch from sticking after long periods of storage. Do Stude clutches ever stick due to non-use? I've never had one of my Stude truck clutches stick......[)]

steve blake

steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup
                              http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Comment

Working...
                              X