REALLY rough GT 4-speed parts car in NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REALLY rough GT 4-speed parts car in NC

Can't believe how bad this thing is[xx(] but still is a 4-speed TT car with bucket seat cores. Worth it for the parts if you're not too far away:

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

You have to wonder who it was that let a wonderful car like that fall into such disrepair. What a shame.

Doug
    Venice, Florida
    1950 Champion
    9G F1

Comment

Salt will do that, I had two of them in years past.....Both cars were from Michigan, one a 62 GT and other a 63 GT....One was given to me and the other I paid 50.00 for....Both I scrapped after salvaging every thing of value from both of them.....Keep on Studebakering

Comment

time to put a bullet in the head.

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
        canbstudebakers-
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

I could use the tachometer from it. If I don't put a tach in my GT Hawk, I will have a decal made that looks like a tach and will adhere it to the gauge panel.

SnowLark
          In the middle of Minnestudea
          sigpic
          In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Wow... did that tree actually cave in the passenger's side roof?

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

someone should at least pull the trans to get the clutch linkage hanger thingy

nate

--
              55 Commander Starlight
              --
              55 Commander Starlight
              http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Comment

I may bid on it since it is close to me. I should be able to get enough parts off of it to return my investment and maybe help to keep a Stude or two on the road. THe same guy also has a 56 Packard in about the same shape.

Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC
                Jamie McLeod
                Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
                1958 Commander "Christine"
                1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
                1955 Commander Sedan
                1964 Champ
                1960 Lark

Comment

If someone is willing to undertake saving and restoring this car I have a great 63 rolling chasis that will be a perfect companion for this car. Between the two someone could make a great car from them.

My car has been inside for most of its life except for about 18 months just before I bought it 2 years ago.

More pictures are available here:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Be nice to see it saved

sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

What a crying shame. (The black 62, not the blue one, which looks very viable indeed).

I don't think I've ever seen a Hawk with moss on the interior before.

And yet...the melancholiac in me sees this tragic hulk almost as art! (Guess it's a bit like being especially fond of tragic plays...)

S.

Comment

I am close enough to it and will be in NC on Tuesday, but I can not justify paying $500 for it and then having to drag it home. If someone grabs it, be sure to save the trunk overlay.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

Can't believe how bad this thing is[xx(] but still is a 4-speed TT car with bucket seat cores. Worth it for the parts if you're not too far away:
                        I know a lot of things can be changed on a car in almost fifty years and one should not look at a car that old and assume it came from the factory with the equipment that is on it now.
                        That said, that looks to be an early '62 because it has a partial flow engine and no valve cover breathers. The '62 GT I just parted out is a full flow and it had valve covers with breathers. The date code on the tranny is 21 Nov 61. You must admit that's a pretty early '62 model car.
                        When did they change to full flow?
                        Did they change the valve covers at the same time.
                        When did they change from Chevy to Ford(is that right) bolt pattern transmissions?
                        Inquiring minds (what's left of it) want to know.

Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia
                        Jerry Forrester
                        Forrester's Chrome
                        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

quote:Originally posted by starliner62

I may bid on it since it is close to me. I should be able to get enough parts off of it to return my investment and maybe help to keep a Stude or two on the road. THe same guy also has a 56 Packard in about the same shape.

Jamie McLeod
                          Hope Mills, NC
                          Do I smell a short road trip here?[8D]

Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                          Joe Roberts
                          '61 R1 Champ
                          '65 Cruiser
                          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

I have a great 63 rolling chassis that will be a perfect companion for this car.
                            E-mail sent, Don.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by starliner62

I may bid on it since it is close to me.
                              Another nice bonus- the seller will load it onto your trailer for you. HUGE time and effort-saver[^]

To Jerry, good points. It does have the full gauge panel, so chances are it probably is a 289, and does have the TT. Still, you don't know for 100% sure, but I'd be sure enough to spend the bucks.

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Working...
                              X