Fire Extinguisher Aerosol Spray

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Extinguisher Aerosol Spray

Due to 63LarkCustom's recent fire, I was searching for something to carry in the car...

Anybody ever use this stuff? Looks like it has pretty good feadback...

Ted
    '57 Champion

Here's a write-up.

You must get this portable, aerosol Tundra fire extinguisher for your kitchen, car, everywhere. Recommended by the editors of THE NIBBLE, Great Food Finds, an online gourmet food magazine with 1000+ product reviews of gourmet food and related products. Sign up for the Top Pick Of The Week newsletter to have a top food review and a recipe e-mailed to you weekly.

John

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeSchack

Due to 63LarkCustom's recent fire, I was searching for something to carry in the car...

Ted
      '57 Champion
      Probably a good thing to have close at hand when working on a car. But more than likely not good when one catches on fire with the hood closed. Many have done it but it is very dangerous to open the hood when the engine bay is on fire. For best engine bay protection put in a system designed for it. Sounds complicated but it's not. And compared to your work. and value of a classic or custom car it's comparatively inexpensive. Here's one example http://www.firefight1.com/

Comment

Bridgegaurd

That's a slick system that I've not seen before. I'll consider that when the 83 is on the road. I love Halon for fire supression. Would not want to be in an enclosed space with it but great for these applications.

Thanks

Bob

Comment

I've always been concerned about my wife's VW Kombi van, as you are probably aware they have a reputation of catching fire. (The steel fuel spigots in the carbys work loose, pull out and pump fuel over the engine). She carries a fire extinguisher, but usually by the time you know the engine is on fire it's too late. The Halon system sounds like the ticket, but I wonder if the fusable vials that activate the system would stand up to the normal heat in the engine compartment.

Matt
          Brisbane
          Australia
          Matt
          Brisbane
          Australia
          sigpic

Visit my Blog: http://www.mattsoilyrag.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

And for how long will you be able to get Halon? Hasn't it been virtually banned as it is a CFC?

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands
            Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

quote:Posted by Gordr

And for how long will you be able to get Halon? Hasn't it been virtually banned as it is a CFC?
              Excellent question Gord. I looked it up as I would like a unit. It looks like at least until 2030. Kinda

We Buy, Sell, Recharge & Rebuild Halon and Halon alternative Clean Agent Fire Suppression Systems. We're one-stop-shop for all your Clean Agent needs!

Bob

Comment

Working...
              X