Arizona car auctions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona car auctions

Green53 and myself are going to the Kruse Auction this afternoon being held at the Glendale,Az. meet host hotel,to see if there are any Studebakers on the auction block. I am not anxious to buy one you understand,just like to look at the vehicles. Wednesday we will attend the Barrett-Jackson auction at Westworld in SCottsdale. Maybe we will run into some Forum members there. We will be wearing Studebaker apparrel!!!

Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Frank,

Buying from Kruse might be a possibility, but having him sell would not. Let us know if anyone comes to seize the cash box to get their money for a car sold months ago....

Gary

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

I know what you are saying Gary. Last week we were at a the Car Hobby Councll meeting here and a rep was there and said all buyers moneys will be deposited in an escrow acount. Dean Kruse just got his license back Friday. I think his financial problems are scaring customers away though, as Green53 said there was hardly anyone present at yesterdays memorabilia auction. The rep said one of his oldest customers had bought 63 vehicles and had not paid for any of them recently, and that Dean was paying sellers with his own funds. Saw Chester and Nancy Bradfield yesterday at the Grand Canyon Chapter bash. I'll report back later today on what we find at Kruse.
      quote:Originally posted by Guido

Frank,

Buying from Kruse might be a possibility, but having him sell would not. Let us know if anyone comes to seize the cash box to get their money for a car sold months ago....

Gary

Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank
        The rep said one of his oldest customers had bought 63 vehicles and had not paid for any of them recently, and that Dean was paying sellers with his own funds.
        I thought that they required that you have a letter of credit from your bank before allowing you to register. It would seem to me that if the cars "sold" but were not paid for, that they would simply record it as a "no sale" and the car would go back to the owner that consigned it. If Kruse is letting people take vehicles without paying for them then things are far worse off than I imagined.

quote:Saw Chester and Nancy Bradfield yesterday at the Grand Canyon Chapter bash.
        If you see them again, tell them I said "hi" and that things are warming up here.

Comment

I thought that things were supposed to work that way too, but as it was explained to us Dean Kruse had been doing business with these non-paying folks so long that he became too trusting. It would make sense to me to not let bidders take possession until after they settle up for their purchases, or at least not release titles to said vehicles. We are back from the auction and it looked like a disaster to us. Very few bidders present while we were there and no vehicles hammered sold as far as I could determine. I counted about 40 vehicles on the premises including 2 or three Duesenbergs owned by Mr. Kruse himself that were ordered by the bank to be sold. Everything pretty much wrapped up while we were present.I will give Chester and Nancy your regards when I see them maybe at B-J later this week Gary.No Studebakers wre present there today,don't know what was there yesterday.I was impressed with the hotel however, excellent venue for the International meet in June.The place is huge.The Kruse auction was held in the room where the SDC swap will be.
          quote:Originally posted by Guido

quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank
          The rep said one of his oldest customers had bought 63 vehicles and had not paid for any of them recently, and that Dean was paying sellers with his own funds.
          I thought that they required that you have a letter of credit from your bank before allowing you to register. It would seem to me that if the cars "sold" but were not paid for, that they would simply record it as a "no sale" and the car would go back to the owner that consigned it. If Kruse is letting people take vehicles without paying for them then things are far worse off than I imagined.

quote:Saw Chester and Nancy Bradfield yesterday at the Grand Canyon Chapter bash.
          If you see them again, tell them I said "hi" and that things are warming up here.

Frank van Doorn
          Omaha, Ne.
          1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Frank, do you ever see Ingvar down there?

Comment

Invar is in Yuma. 200 miles away. He sometimes comes to our January event but didn't come yesterday.

Denny L

Comment

I have seen him in the past down here but not this time Dave.( Edit) Oops guess Denny allready answered your question.
                [quote]Originally posted by barnlark

Frank van Doorn
                Omaha, Ne.
                1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Frank/Denny what were the results of the Kruse Sale. Was it well attended and who's licenxe did he use? it was my understanding he took on a partner in AZ to hold his sale.
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

There was a license posted in his name dated 1-15-10. I understand there were some good buys but many no sales. I think sellers were still a bit wary of him.

Denny L

Comment

Originally posted by 41 Frank

I have seen him in the past down here but not this time Dave.( Edit) Oops guess Denny allready answered your question.
                      Originally posted by barnlark

Just wondered if he was okay. I emailed him without response about a new fuel pump for my new engine. Thanks.

Comment

Don, like Denny said, it did not look like too many vehicles sold. As far as official results, maybe they could be found on a website. It will be interesting to see how things go at his auction in Miami this weekend. Dean Kruse did take on a partner in anticipation of maybe not getting his license back. I don't know who it is though.
                        quote:Originally posted by Avantidon

Frank/Denny what were the results of the Kruse Sale. Was it well attended and who's licenxe did he use? it was my understanding he took on a partner in AZ to hold his sale.
                        Frank van Doorn
                        Omaha, Ne.
                        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

So, wait, I am just catching up on this thread, does this mean you are on your way to the Barret Jackson auction tomorrow? Holy Cats! I would love to be in your shoes right about then. I see them on tv (sometimes) and I would absolutely LOVE to be there. Have fun!

1963 Lark, 259 V8, two-tone paint, Twin Traction. *CHCCH* 'sorry, we are having technical difficulties, please stand by as Tutone63 is being repaired during 2010, thank you for your patience'

DOH!

Comment

41 Frank and myself will be at B-J today along with several others. Hope the rain stays away. It poured last night. We may try to take in the Silver Auction on Saturday as well.

Denny L

Comment

We just got home from Barrett-Jackson and my feet are tired.Went looking for Studebakers and found three of them. Not as many as in years past. A 58 Silver Hawk with 429 Caddy motor and a very nice Weasel with just about every thing on it that you could hang on it including a 50 Caliber machine gun.In the "for sale" tent we saw a 63 R-1 Avanti, red, very, very nice California black plate car with an asking price of 36K. Glad we went today as several inches of rain are forecast for tonight and tomorrow. They were setting up more pumps to keep the water pumped out should the bad weather move in.

Frank van Doorn
                              Omaha, Ne.
                              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                              1963 Daytona Conv
                              1941 Champion R-2 Rod
                              Frank van Doorn
                              Omaha, Ne.
                              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Working...
                              X