Master Cylinder Push Rod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Master Cylinder Push Rod

I'm wondering if anyone can tell me the length of the push rod for a dule master cylinder on a 63 Lark V8? I understand that there is a difference between the push rods for the single and dule master cylinders. If someone could measure the length of either of the rods and let me know which one it is for I will be able to determin if my car has the correct one.

Let me see if I have the info in any of my books....

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
    Dylan Wills
    Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
    1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
    1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
    1914 Ford Model T

Comment

The chassis manual gives the same part number for both Mr.Bueling, but no measurements.

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
      Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
      1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Thanks for the information. I have been told by a couple people that there is a difference in the two, but that may be wrong.

Comment

No problem! How's the '55 doing? I remember you showing me what you did to that car at the 2009 Can-am meet, its a gorgeous car!

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
          Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
          1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I was going to post a picture but the upload panel on my photobucket page won't come up I have a stock '63 dual in my shed that I went out and grabbed....

Any way, if its the OEM dual master with the bolt to hold the cover on, the push rod is 5" from the tip that enters the master to the far edge of the loop on the other end that has the bushing for the bolt on the pedal arm.

I'll try posting tomorrow.

EDIT: Here are pix of that master and its rod:

This is the dual master for a '63 V8 drum brake car.

Jeff in ND

'53 Champion Hardtop

Jeff in ND

Comment

Thanks for measuring it and the pictures Jeff. That is just what I needed, now I can go out and measure mine to make sure it is the right one.

The 55 is still doing great. Have it farmed out to a friends garage for the winter so I could get the 63 in the garage to work on it. Hope to have the 63 going this spring, but with needing to get brakes on it and a complete upholstery job including replacing the dash, not sure I will make it.

We will most likely take the 55 to the NW Overdrive meet this year and will drive it to Dayton, WA in June for a big car meet there. Would like to drive it to Great Falls, MT. for a car show this spring, but most likely won't make that with all the other things going on. I bought the car in Great Falls in 92 and have wanted to take it back for a show but haven't make it yet.

Comment

Working...
              X