Need part # help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need part # help please

Hi, I bought a kit to rebuild the fuel pump for the Champ. I pulled the one from the 259 in the '63 Lark to rebuild. I have all the gaskets, seals, etc but not the fuel bowl filter. We have both searched the SI catalog and the computerized shop manual to no avail. We found one listed for a 6 cyl. but I am assuming this is the correct fuel pump for this car. It seemed to work well, just leaked badly. What is the mystery number and is it a SI or FLAPS item? Thanks, Steve

sigpic

Is it the late model Carter fuel pump with the tin can filter bowl or early one with the glass bowl?

The stone filters or bronze replacements for the glass bowl type can usually be found at old parts warehouse closeouts on ebay.

I think someone posted here that the paper one can be made from another make of car filter, found at a FLAPS.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

Is it the late model Carter fuel pump with the tin can filter bowl or early one with the glass bowl?

The stone filters or bronze replacements for the glass bowl type can usually be found at old parts warehouse closeouts on ebay.

I think someone posted here that the paper one can be made from another make of car filter, found at a FLAPS.

StudeRich

Late model Carter with a tin bowl. I will hit the NAPA tommorrow and see if they can match something up. Thanks, Steve
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X