Looking for a glove box vanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a glove box vanity

I am restoring the dash of my 1964 Lark HT. There is a black pullout vanity in the glove box. It has a slide out tray with a mirror inside that pops up when opened. I am looking for a vanity in excellent used to new condition. Please let me know if you have one. Thanks, Jeff

I think there is one on ebay as we speak !

[IMG]
    Home of the Fried Green Tomato
    "IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ
    1964 Daytona HT
    1966 Daytona SS
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

All you need is someone in excellent used to new condition to sit on the passenger side to reflect in it. [)]

Comment

SASCO had them NOS . One case left. No mirrors in them IIRC. I bought one just before they closed. I sure hope SI saved them. Call and ask them!

Comment

I'll bet the one on Ebay is by Avantilady. If so, That's Nostalgic Motors from Wixom, Mi. I'll bet they have more if that one gets away.

Bob

Comment

quote:Originally posted by barnlark

All you need is someone in excellent used to new condition to sit on the passenger side to reflect in it. [)]
            I don't think that'll be hard to get in a bright red Super Lark[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
            Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by barnlark

Originally posted by bams50
              I don't think that'll be hard to get in a bright red Super Lark[]

True, I keep hearing that. I'll never afford one of those "one of a handful" cars, but I've got the red part... and hope going for me. So far it's only attracted Int'l Meet Forum members who like to pick on me and who don't have a good looking sister.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ChampTrucking

SASCO had them NOS . One case left. No mirrors in them IIRC. I bought one just before they closed. I sure hope SI saved them. Call and ask them!
                Yup, and we just find more of these (not specifically) weird parts as we dig along into what wasn't sifted through in Dennis' sale.

Chris Dresbach
                Chris Dresbach

Comment

the link to the vanity on ebay:

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
                  53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

Comment

Don't forget this one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
                    sigpic

1962 Daytona
                    1964 Cruiser
                    And a few others

Comment

Guys,

Thank you very much for the ebay leads. One is for an Avanti, which is different and the other is correct but in the same or worst shape than mine.

Also, good tip on SI having them. I will give them a call next week and see what they want for an NOS vanity. This will be my first inquiry since the SASCO buy. I really hope that this piece hasn't become "affordable."

You are correct Bob. This is for the red 64 Lark which, unfortunately, won't be on the road for a couple years. All I'll be able to do is look in that vanity mirror and ask why it's taking me so long to finish this daggone project.

If anyone comes across another nice used one in the mean time, please let me know. Thanks, Jeff

Comment

Jeff, when I was at SASCO during the 07 Meet they had complete NOS vanity units for $35. When I went back in Oct. 08 they had a few and I bought one, but then it was I believe $85[|)] Also got the NOS stainless for it. Bought for a Wagonaire that I since had to sell off. It's carefully stored high and dry in a storage bus along with 4 NOS Wagonaire door panels, but the bus is completely buried now. If you don't find one by April or so let me know and I'll dig it out for you.

Oh, and don't worry about how long it's taking, it'll be worth the wait! As the old farmer saying goes, "it ain't eatin' nuthin'"

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Another thought on the SASCO stock: We only found about 3 or 4 units in various conditions; we combined them to make one good one. I bet Ed found more in the move and will be able to hook you up

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

I sent an email to the seller of the vanity on ebay. Since the two parts were separated, I wanted to make sure he had all the parts and that they would go together again, easily. He does NOT have the little ball bearing roller that lets the vanity slide in and out of the tray holder. So, at a minimum you would need to get that. I would look at the one at SI, even with out the mirror it would be complete and a mirror is easy to come by. Just my two cents.

Comment

Bob, I think the vanities we saw at SASCO (and the one you bought) were for 63s - this request is for later. I do recall seeing later vanities there, too.

--george

53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

Comment

Working...
                              X