Avanti - $6500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avanti - $6500

Avanti for sale in Napa County for $6500. Is anyone familiar with this car?

Jon Stalnaker
    Editor, Hawk Talks
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

I have never seen that type of wheel on a clunker. I would expect that car to be very well maintained and very close to being as presented. Wheels tell you a lot about the owner's feelings towards the car. Those don't come cheap and they're becoming popular once again. This guy even put whitewalls on those Torque-Thrust rims. He's picky.

Comment

We are chasing the car, let you know what we find. Unless it has hog trough/frame issues, or the interior is really rough, it's a bargain. Avanti's are the only cars I seldom buy sight unseen, too many possible surprises.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

May the best man win!!

Comment

Jon is that one of the Avantis that was for sale at the zone meet last May? There were two and I think one was gray and from Napa way.

Comment

Someone on the forum might like to have this for a keeper. But they will have to beat "Flipper" John.
            Allen

Comment

quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

Someone on the forum might like to have this for a keeper. But they will have to beat "Flipper" John.
              Allen
              Not necessarily, if someone wants it, they can move just as fast as I can. I don't have super powers and we're chasing a half dozen cars right now. As a matter of fact, if a forum member is already on it, I'll back off for a bit, just drop me a e-mail.

JDP/Maryland
              JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

Allen
                Not necessarily, if someone wants it, they can move just as fast as I can. I don't have super powers and we're chasing a half dozen cars right now. As a matter of fact, if a forum member is already on it, I'll back off for a bit, just drop me a e-mail.

In fairness, that is what JDP has always said... and I've seen him do just that, many times.

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

You are right Bob. I recall several posts where he offered good buys to forum members before putting them on eBay. John has always been willing to assist with his vast knowledge of Studebakers. I have to pick on him once in a while to let him know that I an still alive and keeping an eye on him. I hope to meet him in the future.
                  Allen

Comment

Glad to hear it, Allen. Hope you're doing well!

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Finally received an email saying it sold. Did someone here get it?
                      Allen

Comment

Finally received an email saying it sold. Did someone here get it?
                        Allen
                        i heard the same. and yeah, who got it?

Peter Miller

pdmiller@stanford.edu

1963 Avanti R1 4-speed, 63R-4810

Comment

So Peter, did you end up with the one that was posted for sale in SF on Craigslist a few months back?

I remember it was really well priced and was wondering if it ended up being as nice as it looked in the pics.

Comment

Working...
                          X