Chris' other Eye Candy 1/7 1/8 '51-'53 Prototype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris' other Eye Candy 1/7 1/8 '51-'53 Prototype

I don't know a whole lot about this car, but it was pulled from the proving ground and hasn't been restored. It is not a model N, but I still think it is pretty cool. Says it's a combonation of a '51, '52, '53. Would be really neat to see it saved.

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Hope the key came with it to get the trunk lid open

Tom

sigpic

Comment

Looks like a 911 Porsche from the front.

1949 2R17
      R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

{Sigh} Wish I lived closer......

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
        Dylan Wills
        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
        1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
        1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

Last I knew Kent Fedor still had that. The last 4 pictures are at his house. I guess it has signifigance, but can't imagine what anybody could do for it[?] At least with Kent it's not crusher-bound... AFAIK......

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
          Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

Thats the perfect example of a car that should be in the Museum. Get it structurally safe, clean off the surface rust and send it in.
            pb

Comment

I agree with Peter that it would be nice to see such a car in the museum, just as it is. Don't shine it or clean it, just display it as is. Its a great example of a prototype and it shows how such prototypes were simply discarded by the manufacturer. The 'scars' on that car tell a story.

1949 2R17
              R is for Rusty

In the middle of Minnesota
              sigpic
              In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

My guess is it would never be displayed at the museum; they have beautiful, complete cars that sit banished to a dark lift space in the basement A beautifully restored Zip Van, for example, comes to mind...

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

My guess is it would never be displayed at the museum; they have beautiful, complete cars that sit banished to a dark lift space in the basement A beautifully restored Zip Van, for example, comes to mind...

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I would have to agree with your comment, but there should be a place for all types of vehicles.
                  In my opinion a prototype has alot of historical significance regardless of condition.
                  My favourite part of the museum was seeing the " truck of the future". I was amazed to see it existed, and it looked good.
                  pb

Comment

Hi,
                    Is this the same car?

Jed
                    sigpic

Comment

Last I knew Kent Fedor still had that. The last 4 pictures are at his house. I guess it has signifigance, but can't imagine what anybody could do for it[?] At least with Kent it's not crusher-bound... AFAIK......

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Really? I'm going to be buying some parts off him soon anyway, maybe I should bring the trailer and... OWWWWW!!!! My wallet just bit me and ran off![B)][:0] LOL. And what to do with a prototype?! Geesh, what couldnt you do with a prototype?! It is a car, so restore it and drive it! And, you are the only one in the world who has one! How cool is that![8D]

Chris Dresbach
                      Chris Dresbach

Comment

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I personally am really intriged by this car, but shipping would kill me! IF it was mine, I'd be realigning the remains of the body, and build a 1 inch square stock frame work for the floor, and up the body's sides untill I get to good metal. Then, I'd get a good frame, and put new body mounts on the body, to match it to the frame. For doors, I'd find a similer studebaker door, chop off the bottom, and replace the bottoms of these doors, or just put the top of these, on the new ones. Then, IF that plan worked, you would have a good body to repair. With the square stock frame work inside, the floors can be just flat steel sheet, since the frameing is supporting it. Hot rodders do this when they are doing major modifications sometimes, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for this.[8D] Imagine it all done, with a slightly warmed up 232, with a T-10, or a top shift conversion on a T-85 overdrive, and all made to look stock. [] If you did a '51-53 frame under it, or later on for that matter, alot of the drive train can come from a lark, V8 brakes and all.........[^]

Anyways, thats my idea's and opinions......

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
                        Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                        1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

I personally am really intriged by this car, but shipping would kill me! IF it was mine, I'd be realigning the remains of the body, and build a 1 inch square stock frame work for the floor, and up the body's sides untill I get to good metal. Then, I'd get a good frame, and put new body mounts on the body, to match it to the frame. For doors, I'd find a similer studebaker door, chop off the bottom, and replace the bottoms of these doors, or just put the top of these, on the new ones. Then, IF that plan worked, you would have a good body to repair. With the square stock frame work inside, the floors can be just flat steel sheet, since the frameing is supporting it. Hot rodders do this when they are doing major modifications sometimes, so I don't see why it wouldn't work for this.[8D] Imagine it all done, with a slightly warmed up 232, with a T-10, or a top shift conversion on a T-85 overdrive, and all made to look stock. [] If you did a '51-53 frame under it, or later on for that matter, alot of the drive train can come from a lark, V8 brakes and all.........[^]

Anyways, thats my idea's and opinions......

Dylan Wills

[8D][^]

Chris Dresbach
                          Chris Dresbach

Comment

Why don't you get it Chris, and do it for me, since I can't ship it. LOL!!!

Dylan Wills

Dylan Wills
                            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
                            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

quote:Originally posted by silverhawk

Why don't you get it Chris, and do it for me, since I can't ship it. LOL!!!

Dylan Wills

I would buy it and save it for ya, but remember, I'm cheap and broke![xx(][V][B)]

Chris Dresbach
                              Chris Dresbach

Comment

Working...
                              X