car doors on a truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car doors on a truck

Hi guys, I have a '47, 1/2 ton studebaker and I talked to a guy this summer that had the same but he had put doors from a car on it that were 6 inches longer (I think). He said that doors from a 2 door car 41-46 would work. Were the doors on all models the same? I know that he had to radius the upper rear corners to make them fit. Has anybody else seen this? Does anybody know where I can find these doors to fit my truck? Any help would be great. Thanks, Ryan

I know naught of what I speak but, are you sure his wasn't a '37?
    That would make sense.
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ndracing

Hi guys, I have a '47, 1/2 ton studebaker and I talked to a guy this summer that had the same but he had put doors from a car on it that were 6 inches longer (I think). He said that doors from a 2 door car 41-46 would work. Were the doors on all models the same? I know that he had to radius the upper rear corners to make them fit. Has anybody else seen this? Does anybody know where I can find these doors to fit my truck? Any help would be great. Thanks, Ryan

If you are refering to the truck in Iowa yes you are right and Ive seen this truck but have no pictures pretty slick job

Tom

sigpic

Comment

So, we're talking custom extended cab?
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Correct

Tom

sigpic

Comment

41-46 doors could possibly be made 2 fit. '37 doors will not fit anything 38 or later.

Barry'd in Studes

Comment

If you just need doors for a '41-'48 "M" Series Truck, just ask, and you may find them! [:0]

StudeRich
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, it's the green truck in Iowa. I have one pic on my phone I'll try to see if I can get it posted tonight. I need car doors from a 2 door car ('41-'46) and this will allow me to stretch my cab roughly 6 inches, if that works I'm going to try to chop it 3 inches also. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                X