C-K windshield gasket ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-K windshield gasket ??

Any body here ever have an issues with non fitting windshield rubber? C-K model. Bout 7 years ago I tried installing a repo gasket and OEM windshield in a 63 Hawk and the stainless would not seat properly once the windshield was installed. I suspected a mis-made windshield gasket. I located a NOS rubber and it fit like a glove, stainless and all. I have a friend who is having issues with a K-coupe windshield and suspect he may have one of the non fitting windshield rubbers that were in circulation a while back and I would like to know of any body out there that has had a positive experience in the past{not too long ago,preferably recently} with a great fitting windshield rubber, and who you bought it from. You can e-mail your supplier privately if you wish. We are just looking for a for sure fit windshield rubber. thanks jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Champ parts has rubber that fits. Russ Jenks in Idaho. But I think it all comes from the same source now. But we have used his gaskets or windshield seals on our 1957 GoldenHawk and my 1954 Commander. Great fit.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Comment

Somewhere in the recesses of my memory (God, what a scary place) I recall a discussion on the forum that the newer gaskets are made for the newer glass which was described as thinner than the OEM. So older glass would be more difficult to install.

My brother and I fought that combination on my 54K. It's in and looks ok but it could be better.

Bob

Comment

I got both the front and rear rubber from SI last year and
        they fit well.

Joe D.

Comment

Some of the gaskets that were sold a few years ago were too big. Some may still be kicking around. I heard of one horror story about a person cutting the metal edge back on his coupe to fit.

If you buy from any TW advertiser, you will have no problems.

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks. jimmijim

Stude Junkie+++++++Do it right the f$$$$ Time. Never mind. Just do it right. When youre done your done. You'll know it.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
            X