Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another 58 HT in CA

It says Commander:

Makes me think about street-rodding one... Lowered, R2 4-speed, Torq-thrusts, custom paint and interior, etc...... hmm.......

Anyone know of one that's rodded?? Sure would like to see it done[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
    Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

It's a '58 Commander Starlight Hardtop with a WCFB 4 Brl. and A/C, the owner must care a lot about this car to leave the horn button, door remote control, door handle, air cleaner, jack and Lic. plate etc. laying on the ground outside!

Also the valve covers and air cleaner off of the engine, after he or she bought new wheel cylinders and master cyl. for it NINE years ago.

There is a $200.00 deposit required, but it is doubtful it will reach that.

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Given the car was neglected (and left with the windows partially down), the dash looks to be in remarkably good shape. I suspect this car may have been decent when he got it, but the elements have taken their toll.

Guido Salvage - "Where rust is beautiful" and real Studebaker horsepower lives

See pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

That A/C unit looks like it's circa 1963. That's worth a couple hundred alone[]

Robert (Bob) Andrews- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys)
        Parish, central NY 13131

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

you all keep talking about putting a 58 hardtop on a 59 Lark - here's your chance!

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
          53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

I'm glad I have the resolve to save no more of these projects. The 58 Commander HDTP is my favorite '58. Even at only 250 miles, it's not close enough to tempt me.[:I]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1963 Cruiser
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe
            1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ClaymoreWW

you all keep talking about putting a 58 hardtop on a 59 Lark - here's your chance!

--george
              Yeah, and after you use the '58 roof on a Lark you could make a convertible out of the '58.[:0]
              I always thought that would be nice looking, maybe use windshield frame and top mechanism from a Lark convt and add an X member to the frame. [?]

John V.

Comment

If I weren't buried in projects, I'd buy this and turn it into a 56 or 7 hardtop.

Comment

That's been a dream of mine - a 58 Commander hardtop with a '57 front clip on it.[8D]

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                  1963 Cruiser
                  1960 Larkvertible V8
                  1958 Provincial wagon
                  1953 Commander coupe
                  1957 President two door

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Long Beach is only about 20 miles from me, maybe I should go look at the car. From what I can see of the license plate, the car could still have a Texas title as the plate is from Texas. I can't believe that someone would leave a car parked outside with no windows and the top of the engine open. Bud

Comment

quote:Originally posted by bams50

...Makes me think about street-rodding one...
                      C'mon, Bob. Ya know ya want it. Nice little winter project, keep ya off the street. Outa trouble. Heck, look at all those li'l ol' good parts. [)]

John

Comment

Working...
                      X