Magazine photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magazine photos

Thumbing through some old magazines and was amazed at how many Stude photo/stories I came across...some are lame, some interesting, so I thought I would like to share with the forum, only problem is how do I do this? I have a scanner, but it's not a flatbed, and I don't want to cut the pages out to scan them. Tried taking photos of the pages but too much glare, hold the camera at an angle to the pages and the photos look okay but you can't read the text...any ideas? I really don't want to afford a ton of time on this project, but some of the photos are a riot, like a 55(I think) shown under full braking with the backend ready to touch the sky, and the front end ready to plow the ground, or the Chicken Hawk burning up the strip in the early 60's...what to do??? Thanks, Junior

54 Champ C5 Hamilton car. In my family since 1958.
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

You learn something everyday I guess!

I never heard of a document feeder ONLY printer! My Cannon Combo Fax/Scanner/Printer/Copier has both a feeder AND a flatbed, and I HAVE had JUST a flatbed scanner. [:0]

I guess the only option would be the PIP print store where they could scan them and put on a CD Disc. I have no idea how much that costs, maybe not much!

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

There is such as critter, particularly if you're just doing pictures and you don't want to waste time setting up photos on a flatbed. The hitch is I believe these are photos only, so you're not feeding printing paper size items into the scanner:

The other one, and I've seen these as far back as the late nineties, is a handheld scanner. I used to see them in grayscale. You put said device on the document, run it across the document, and it would pop up on the computer. Of course the detail from what I recall was only as good as the human holding the device [)).

If you wanna scan in the pictures from a magazine, I would suggest something like my ol' Officejet(Scanner/Fax/Copier/Printer), which has a flatbed scanner. You can splay out the article, scan the article, and you'll have the item in the computer. You certainly don't want to be feeding the magazines through the document feeder in this instance, or it may turn into a final read for the magazine!!
      If you want to use a digital camera, turn the resolution up to the highest setting, or to a resolution where it can be readable. Use a neutral background, like a black or white sheet, and have a sufficient light source on the item. If possible, don't use the flash, or the flash where it will obstruct what's on the magazine, which goes back to using a sufficient light source. LOL, I still haven't learned from this one yet, particularly on my FI photos, but of course I'm doing this on the fly from a dimly lit room[)]. Take a few pictures from different locations, and pick out the best one. I know I probably sound like an amateur with the photography, but these are a few things I figured out when I was looking for archive footage and not expecting magazine photo(pun intended) results.

[IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010531-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
      [IMG=left]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/55%20Studebaker%20Commander%20Streetrod%20Project/P1010550-1.jpg[/IMG=left]
      [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/Ex%20Studebaker%20Plant%20Locomotive/P1000578-1.jpg[/IMG=right]
      [IMG=right]http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t102/PlainBrownR2/My%201964%20Studebaker%20Commander%20R2/P1010168.jpg[/IMG=right]

1964 Studebaker Commander R2 clone
      1963 Studebaker Daytona Hardtop with no engine or transmission
      1950 Studebaker 2R5 w/170 six cylinder and 3spd OD
      1955 Studebaker Commander Hardtop w/289 and 3spd OD and Megasquirt port fuel injection(among other things)

Comment

Working...
      X