What the??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the??

Ok, I'm really confused. I have a 64 8E-7 that I just put a 62 289 in. I put my Avanti R3 headers on it. Since my Avanti is very far from running I thought I'd try and use some of the exhaust pipe or at least the section from flange to equilizer tube. I do understand that the pipes will conflict with crossmembers and etc. BUT, they should at least mate up to the flanges on the headers right? Heres the deal. I have the two pipes that come down from the headers and are bolted together at the equilizer tube. I pulled the exhaust off of my Avanti engine in June and they layed around for awhile. But, I never took them apart at the crossover tube. When I put them up to my other engine they BARELY fit around the pan and don't even come close to matching up to the header flanges. I don't get it. Am I missing something? The engines are the same and the heads are the same so these darn things should fit right? And of course I can't try it on my Avanti engine because its in pieces. Nothins ever easy!

Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

I have to assume you are trying to use the correct R3 head pipes and not the stock ones ?

64 Commander 2 dr.
    64 Daytona HT
    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    63 Lark 2 door #2
    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
    62 Lark 2 door
    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
    60 Lark HT
    60 Hawk
    59 3E truck
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Yes I am using the R3 header pipes. I pretty much just pulled the headers and pipes off of the Avanti and am trying to put them on the truck.

Jake

-Home of John Studebaker-

Founded in 2002, Varozza 4x4 Outfitters has over 20 years of experience building and repairing Jeeps. We focus on stretching TJ's to LJ's on our custom jig, building custom suspension and manufacturing our vary own products to make your Jeep more capable than it has ever been. Located only 60 miles from the Rubicon Trail, we are a one stop shop to prepare your Jeep for any offroad terrain.

Comment

Working...
      X