The 64 Daytona heads to a new home.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 64 Daytona heads to a new home.

It was kind of a sad day. Kent arrived this morning to pick up his new 64 Daytona. She's probably pretty close to her new home in Michigan by now. Here are a couple of parting shots:

It is nice to see that she is going to a good home where she will get lots of TLC. Kent promised to keep me updated on the car from time time. It wasn't all that bad however: Kent brought me a NOS trunklid for my 63, some Studebaker blueprints and a pair of good seats frames as mine are quite rusty.
    Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

64 Daytona 4dr Sedan

They look so different when they're shiny! I had mine for over ten years and never got it to a shiny state.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

They look so different when they're shiny! I had mine for over ten years and never got it to a shiny state.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Well! I can see what he meant. Nice car! Kent sent me an e-mail telling me that he's got Sweetie's six running again. So, I can take comfort that this beauty isn't going to keep him from getting the old girl back on the road. So, Todd? Does this mean that the '63 is going on the fast track?[8D]

Lotsa Larks!
        K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
        Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
        Ron Smith
        Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Well! I can see what he meant. Nice car! Kent sent me an e-mail telling me that he's got Sweetie's six running again. So, I can take comfort that this beauty isn't going to keep him from getting the old girl back on the road. So, Todd? Does this mean that the '63 is going on the fast track?[8D]

Lotsa Larks!
          Ron Smith
          Ron Smith

Comment

New Home??? Didn't you just buy it? I thought it HAD a home.[:I] Of course, Kent will take good care of it.

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

New Home??? Didn't you just buy it? I thought it HAD a home.[:I] Of course, Kent will take good care of it.

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Well, yes, I did just buy it. I put a few bucks into it and as you recall I posted a few questions on my options when I discovered the ring gear had quite a few teeth missing. Kent inquired to let me know if I got frustrated enough, he might be interested in the car. I got thinking that perhaps it was silly to sink more money into it when I had a 63 2dr in pieces so we struck a deal that was favorable to both of us. My next big step on the 63 is floor pans and rockers. I've heard mixed reviews about CE's repop pans so I've been kind of holding off juuuust in case a rust free 62-66 2 door (sedan preferably) comes along that might be more worthwhile putting my money into. All I need is a rust free shell. If nothing comes along in the next month or so, I'll order the pans and rockers for the 63 and plug away. It's one of those things that if you stop and ponder all the things that need to be done, you start to panic! If I get into the mindset to take it a piece at a time, I'm ok!
                Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Well, yes, I did just buy it. I put a few bucks into it and as you recall I posted a few questions on my options when I discovered the ring gear had quite a few teeth missing. Kent inquired to let me know if I got frustrated enough, he might be interested in the car. I got thinking that perhaps it was silly to sink more money into it when I had a 63 2dr in pieces so we struck a deal that was favorable to both of us. My next big step on the 63 is floor pans and rockers. I've heard mixed reviews about CE's repop pans so I've been kind of holding off juuuust in case a rust free 62-66 2 door (sedan preferably) comes along that might be more worthwhile putting my money into. All I need is a rust free shell. If nothing comes along in the next month or so, I'll order the pans and rockers for the 63 and plug away. It's one of those things that if you stop and ponder all the things that need to be done, you start to panic! If I get into the mindset to take it a piece at a time, I'm ok!
                  Todd

63 Lark 2dr Sedan

Comment

Where are you ? I ask because I have three rust free 2 sedans in stock. 2 63's in Ca., one 64 in Md.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                    64 Daytona HT
                    63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                    63 Avanti R1
                    63 Daytona convert
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    63 Lark 2 door #2
                    62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                    62 Lark 2 door
                    62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                    60 Lark HT
                    60 Hawk
                    59 3E truck
                    52 Starliner
                    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Where are you ? I ask because I have three rust free 2 sedans in stock. 2 63's in Ca., one 64 in Md.

64 Commander 2 dr.
                      64 Daytona HT
                      63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk (Black) #2
                      63 Avanti R1
                      63 Daytona convert
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      63 Lark 2 door #2
                      62 Daytona HT/ 4 speed
                      62 Lark 2 door
                      62 GT Hawk 4 speed
                      60 Lark HT
                      60 Hawk
                      59 3E truck
                      52 Starliner
                      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

John, he's probably in Ontario Prov. Not too far from Detroit. I say this because of Kent's truck and trailer. The car you have in Maryland would probably be better for him...IMHO[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
                        Ron Smith
                        Ron Smith

Comment

John, he's probably in Ontario Prov. Not too far from Detroit. I say this because of Kent's truck and trailer. The car you have in Maryland would probably be better for him...IMHO[:I]

Lotsa Larks!
                          Ron Smith
                          Ron Smith

Comment

Todd is in Ingersol, ON, about an 1-1/2 hours from Detroit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                            1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Todd is in Ingersol, ON, about an 1-1/2 hours from Detroit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
                              1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Working...
                              X