Hagerty Insurance ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hagerty Insurance ???

Hey Guys I'm in the proccess of insuring the R2 Lark, before i do thought I'd check here for tips. I have never used Hagerty and thought many of you may have. I just talked to the rep and everything seemed pretty simple but, never doing it before i may not be asking the right questions. Is there anything I should ask or tell them that I may not be thinking of?

Also will I run into trouble if there is an accident on the track if i happen to get on one?

Any tips or advise will be helpful.

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 304 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock

64' (Studebaker Built) Trailer Toter

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

57' Transtar 259 punched to 312 NP540 4:09 TT Under Construction

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Well, if you get on a RAILROAD TRACK you won't be around to worry about it!

However if you get on a RACE TRACK, I am pretty sure you will find yourself UNINSURED. [V]

StudeRich
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

What do all you guys do at drag night at the international meets, no insurance should there be an accident??

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Of course, we sign a waver that WE are responsible for our own problems.

SDC insurers the SDC sanctioned events, and Drag Racing is NOT one of them!

StudeRich
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 289stude

What do all you guys do at drag night at the international meets, no insurance should there be an accident??

Exactly.

I have Grundy (similar to Hagerty)

One of the exclusions is...

"Any vehicle, located inside a facility designed for racing, for the purpose of:
          A. competing in or
          b. practicing or preparing for
          any prearranged or organized racing or speed contest"

I take other risks too.

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
          Bellingham, WA

Comment

I have my Studebakers insured with Hagerty, and have no complaints. Be sure to get agreed value coverage. As far as coverage at a track, I don't know of any company that will cover that. Kinda like gas mileage, if that's your main concern, your in the wrong place.

Pat Skelly
            '62 GT Hawk
            '56 Sky Hawk
            '37 Dictator Coupe

Comment

What numbers what open exhaust[ helmet? harness? roll bar??? I don't know what you're talking about. There must be some mistake. To suppliment what Dick said....you're on your own..if you play, there's a possibility you might have to pay, and that might mean with everything you own. Just food for thought.

Dan Miller
              Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
              Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

One thing Hagerty requires is that the car be kept in a enclosed locked garage.
                A shed or opensided building will stop them from taking your car. At least it
                did for my car.

Comment

Hagerty has been good to me. If I wreck it racing,it is my problem.I have raised the stated value a few times with no problems either.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 55champion

One thing Hagerty requires is that the car be kept in a enclosed locked garage.
                    A shed or opensided building will stop them from taking your car. At least it
                    did for my car.
                    Hagerty has been fine and fortunately no claim. They did want a photograph of the vehicle to be insured. At one point they asked if the car was kept under a car cover, but it might have been just a survey of owners in general.

"It's like deja vu all over again."--Yogi Berra
                    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

The lady at Hagerty asked several times what it would be stored in.

As far as not being covered on the track, it makes sence that it wouldn't be covered. I didn't know if there were some sort of ad on for a premium. Anyhow lifes full of risks, why not race![8D]

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock

John

62' Deluxe R2 4SPD.

63' R1 Wagonaire

58' 3E6D Stock 4X4

Comment

Man o man John it's just a piece of old 47 year old scrap iron waiting to go home save your money and beat the S------ out of it and enjoy it, remember if you can't beat it and break it it's no good, have fun with it, and to each his own as Always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.Bob

Bob Peterson / C & B Studebakers

Castro Valley, CA
                        canbstudebakers-
                        Candbstudebakers
                        Castro Valley,
                        California

Comment

~Ditto~ on all the above.

I used to deal with Haggerty via their main office until I discovered that my current auto/home agent (who also happens to own a Hot Rod '40 Ford 2 dr. sedan!) is also a rep for Haggerty. No extra cost, but it is nice to know I can talk to someone I know about the Haggerty policy that knows me, instead of a agent 400 miles away. Ask your regular insurance agent if they deal thru Haggerty.

Frank Remlinger
                          SDC# A004602R
                          Frank Remlinger
                          Detroit, Michigan
                          SDC# A004602R

Comment

Hagerty as do all Classic Insurers will not insure a car on a race track or drag strip. Each time O take my 73 Avanti to the track I sign a waiver and I am on my own.

As for the question about where is it stored? Again all Classic and Antique Auto Insurers want the vehicle in a secured garage or similar facility. Again IMHO that is only common sense. All of mine are on one policy (a great premium savings) and stored in a secure and locked building.
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I used Hagerty for years. They have been fine.

I did start going through the local independant agent that carries my regular cars, home and umbrella policy. This made it simpler. They were also able to get Hargerty to give me higher liability coverage, like on my other cars, than they advertise (at a price, of course).

I initially went through another independant agent that was nothing but trouble. This was not Hagerty's fault. For example, Hagerty refunded money for me to the agent who I had a hard time collecting from.

For about 30 years, I used J. C. Taylor for Studebakers. They refused me when I got my first slightly modified Studebaker, even though I never had a claim in 30 years. That is when I went to Hagerty. J. C. Taylor now takes modifieds, but I see no reason to go back to them.

I do not think that any regular or collector car insurance will cover you in a speed contest (race).

Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X