Different Color "Gold" Hot Wheel Avantis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Different Color "Gold" Hot Wheel Avantis

I am finding the "chase" Hot Wheel Avantis in two very different colors of "gold". One color is kinda orange, the same shade as my nonchase Hot Wheel Avantis. The other color is a much lighter shade.
    All my green Hot Wheel Avantis are the same color.
    I have found an error package also. It is a nonchase (orange gold) Avanti in a chase package.
    Anyone finding the lighter shade of Avanti in a nonchase version?

What is the difference between chase and non-chase cars?

Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC
    Jamie McLeod
    Hope Mills, NC

1963 Lark "Ugly Betty"
    1958 Commander "Christine"
    1964 Wagonaire "Louise"
    1955 Commander Sedan
    1964 Champ
    1960 Lark

Comment

Chase cars have different style wheels and there is a foil label in the right upper corner of the packaging. I have an Avanti with a foil label but the nonchase style wheels. They do not put out as many chase Hot Wheels.

Comment

Did a search and found this.

The Studebaker Avanti was a sports coupé built by the Studebaker Corporation at the direction of its president Sherwood Egbert between June 1962 and December 1963. It has been described as "one of the more significant milestones of the postwar industry", gaining iconic status with enthusiasts and collectors. The Studebaker Avanti has come out in the following 1/64 scale versions:

I looked on E-Bay and bought a black one,gold one and chrome one. Each from different sellers.

Bob Langer
        Glenshaw,PA

63R-2809 R-2

R-4137 R-1

Bob Langer
        Glenshaw,PA

Comment

Like this?

Chris Dresbach
          Chris Dresbach

Comment

I went to the web site Bob Langer found. The site says a a light gold nonchase Avanti has been released. Spectraflame Gold they called the color. The site does not list a Spectraflame Orange Chase Avanti but I have one so that makes seven varieties so far.

Comment

Here are the black and chrome models

Bob Langer
              Glenshaw,PA

63R-2809 R-2

R-4137 R-1

Bob Langer
              Glenshaw,PA

Comment

I think the black one is actually purple. The chrome one is new to me. That makes eight varieties. (Unless the black one is black.)

Comment

Besides Studebakers my main hobby is Hot Wheels. I have almost every Hot Wheels Classic series five that has been released. As far as I know, there is an orange regular and chase version, a lt. green regular and chase version, and a gold regular and chase version. All of these have been released on a card. The foil logo at the top of the card is supposed to represent that the car is the chase version and the chase version has what they call real rider tires (the tires actually feel like rubber). In addition to those three colors, there is a black version (Hot Wheels calls it Spectraflame Black but it does have a dark purple tint depending on what light you look at it under). The black one only comes in the chase version (the rubber tires) and was part of a 30 car set sold by WalMart. So unless you what to buy a complete set the only way you will get the black one is loose. The Hot Wheels Website shows an additonal color called Spetraflame Aqua which has not been released yet. I have never seen a chrome one and it is possible that it is a custom. Does the chrome one still have all the tampos (headlights, taillights, logos, etc)? All of these cars are chrome under the paint so it is possible someone striped off the color and then repackaged the car.

Gary Grebner
                  The Distributor
                  Tri-State Chapter
                  Gary Grebner
                  The Distributor
                  Tri-State Chapter

Comment

Maybe the chrome Avanti got through the factory and into a package but missed being painted. I have an error package of a nonchase orange Avanti in a chase package.

Comment

The nonchase classic car in a chase package has been found on several of the classics series 5 and they are also found the other way, chase car in a nonchase package. Ture that the chrome Avanti could have got through the factory without paint (quality control is not very high at the hot wheels plant) but I lean more towards the custom idea. Regardless it is still a nice looking car in chrome.

Gary Grebner
                      The Distributor
                      Tri-State Chapter
                      Gary Grebner
                      The Distributor
                      Tri-State Chapter

Comment

I just wish I could find any.
                        I keep looking and rarely find Hot Wheels Classics, and then they seem to be of a different series.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                        63 Avanti R1 2788
                        1914 Stutz Bearcat
                        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

I also have a hard time finding classics,the few i do find are of other stuff.I havent found even 1 Avanti yet.Found several car haulers.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
                          101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

I just wish I could find any.
                            I keep looking and rarely find Hot Wheels Classics, and then they seem to be of a different series.

63 Avanti R1 2788
                            1914 Stutz Bearcat
                            (George Barris replica)

Washington State
                            If you'd like the copper/gold Avanti, send your snail mail and belated Merry Christmas!

Jim
                            Often in error, never in doubt

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________Rabid Snail Racing
                            Jim
                            Often in error, never in doubt
                            http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

I saw a hot pink HW avanti on ebay today.

--george

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175
                              53-54 C/Ks, 55 Speedsters, 63 Daytonas, Wagonaires Registries

1963 Lark Daytona HT - 63V J8 175

Comment

Working...
                              X