55 Coupe sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Coupe sold

Going to Canada to be rodded. (440 Mopar)

JDP/Maryland
    JDP Maryland

Surprised it is being rodded as its in really good condition ... Nice car

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (under restoration)</div id="left">
    sigpic
    John
    63R-2386
    Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

quote:Originally posted by okc63avanti

Surprised it is being rodded as its in really good condition ... Nice car

<div align="left">John</div id="left">

<div align="left">'63 Avanti, R1, Auto, AC, PW (under restoration)</div id="left">
      The rodder that bought it had been looking, but did not want to pay big bucks for a restored example. Since it was a Champion with a V8 swap and needed a interior, it was a perfect car for someone that just needed a good body.

JDP/Maryland
      JDP Maryland

Comment

Its too bad we can't ship the car without the engine and trans... I think Fred and Rose would love to have it in the Sky Hawk. We went for a quick jaunt around the block in the 55 so they could see how the V8 felt compared to the 6 they have in the Flight Hawk. They were impressed with the V8. Good power and smooth acceleration. Great running car.

sals54
        sals54

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sals54

Its too bad we can't ship the car without the engine and trans... I think Fred and Rose would love to have it in the Sky Hawk. We went for a quick jaunt around the block in the 55 so they could see how the V8 felt compared to the 6 they have in the Flight Hawk. They were impressed with the V8. Good power and smooth acceleration. Great running car.

sals54
          You could ask the new owner, maybe he'd part with the drive line for $500-$750. Might even pay you to haul it to the border.

JDP/Maryland
          JDP Maryland

Comment

I don't get it. Why do "hotrodders" have to start with a running car? When there are so many other cars that have been stripped already.I understand wanting little or no rust but why dissasemble a driver so you can change everything? Just thinking out louad and as others say your car your money.

Comment

Hot Rodders like to start with cars in the best condition possible.

Comment

I have a '60 Hawk rolling chassis for sale and not one bite yet.[V]

Would make a good base for hot rodding, a fake '53 or ?? Everyone
                kept telling me the body damage was easily fixed, but now no one is
                willing to step up to the plate. I will blame the economy.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 55coupe

I don't get it. Why do "hotrodders" have to start with a running car? When there are so many other cars that have been stripped already.I understand wanting little or no rust but why dissasemble a driver so you can change everything? Just thinking out louad and as others say your car your money.
                  Actually, I find that hot rodders are more willing to buy rust free, complete cars to rod than purists are to restore. In both cases, starting with the best car you can find is generally the cheapest way to the finished product. I'm not sure why the rodders are more prone to do this than the restorers.

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Dick Steinkamp
                  Bellingham, WA

Comment

John, please send me the buyer's contact info. Or have him email me. I'd really like to see how he's going to mount that 440.

We tried it a while back and the steering posed a real problem. (Without subframing).

Matthew Burnette
                    Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Comment

quote:Originally posted by mbstude

John, please send me the buyer's contact info. Or have him email me. I'd really like to see how he's going to mount that 440.

We tried it a while back and the steering posed a real problem. (Without subframing).

Matthew Burnette
                      Your Friendly Stude Trim Bender

Even with a Nova subframe in my car the 383 (same dimensions as a 440) was really tight, we have to use fenderwell headers and we notched the frame for the oil filter.

Alex Nelsen, 15 year old Studebaker nut.
                      1954 Champion Coupe
                      Lizella, GA
                      Alex Nelsen, certified Studebaker nut.
                      Driving a 1954 Champion Coupe powered by a Chrysler 383.
                      Lizella, GA

Comment

How about using a steering rack to solve the problem.

fred

Comment

Working...
                        X