55 Speedster in Houston area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 Speedster in Houston area

Only $2500. No Power Steering or Power Brakes. Missing backup lights, fog lights and wheel well trim. Owner not familiar with Studebakers. 6H-K7 body.
    On Craigslist for Houston. I have to many projects.
    Allen

Speedster didn't have wheel well trim.
    Klif

55 Speedster
    63 Avanti R2
    63 Lark R2
    55 Speedster/Street Machine
    63 Avanti R2
    64 Convertible R1

Comment

Here it is.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by satdoc2

Only $2500. No Power Steering or Power Brakes. Missing backup lights, fog lights and wheel well trim. Owner not familiar with Studebakers. 6H-K7 body.
        On Craigslist for Houston. I have to many projects.
        Allen
        Missing the Speedster hood ornanment and side medallions, too.

Without seeing the interior, it almost strikes me more as a Commander or President with an added on roof band than a Speedster.

Paul

Paul

In memory of Boris, the 1950 Land Cruiser project,
        . . . he became a down payment for. . .
        Natasha, the 1955 Speedster project
        I finally have a Stude I can drive! (sort of)
        1962 GT Hawk, 4 speed, a/c

Comment

I called but no answer. I was gonna ask for a pic of the dash and seats.

When I lightened the really dark pic,

I seem to see the "Speedster" and emblem on the stainless and the Speedster dash. However, makes ya wonder why the other "options" are gone. And who put in the 289?

John

Comment

CAUTION

Comment

On the one hand, a standard shift Speedster is a very rare vehicle.

On the other hand, Houston is humidity hell. There aren't many workable project Studes which have spent their life in southeast Texas. Most didn't survive this long. The only hope is this Speedster came out of dry west Texas where there is little rust.

thnx, jack vines

PackardV8
              PackardV8

Comment

Must have been an engine and tranny transplant,too. Should be a 259 unless the seller is confused. It's less complete than the seller knows.
                Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

Comment

Just talked to the owner. He says it has the diamond-stitched interior (front seat re-up with black vinyl), also the full Stewart-Warner engine-turned dash.

Doesn't know if the engine turns over nor if it's really a 289. Said someone else called, checked the body tag on the firewall and declared it to be a Speedster. As he states, it's a project.

Will be getting more pix in the next few days and will send them to me. Very friendly guy, easy to talk with and will be happy to send pix to anyone who asks.

John

Comment

Working...
                  X