V8 front seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 front seal

Do Stude V8's only run the felt front main seal or is there a neoprene alternative? If so where do you get them?

Thanks,

Rob

There are a couple of alternatives. The one I use is Chicago Rawhide 20012. But you have to remove the cover and do a little machining and install a speedy sleeve on the damper snout where the spiral grooves are.

Comment

Is the procedure for doing this posted somewhere? Where is the machining done, the cover or the snout?

Thanks for the input!!

Rob

Comment

On the cover. Just to remove the material on the face of the cover to the ring that is the OD of the stock felt seal. There was a link to a web site that went through a step by step installation, but it is not in front of me right now. If someone does not put it up in the next day or 2 I will.

Comment

Hey Rob...Check with Fairborn Studebaker, he bought out Ted Harbits parts business and Ted had a pretty simple neoprene fix for the front seal on the V8 Studes....I manufactured one for mine before I found out about Teds fix, mine worked great, but there was quite a bit of machining to do to make it work and Teds did not require that....

Comment

This is from Bob johnstones web site for a late engine.

This one for an early engine.

If it wasn't for the last minute i'd never get anything done.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Ordered it from Fairborn today. Thanks to all!

Merry Christmas!!

Rob

Comment

Working...
              X