stainless steel trim around the windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stainless steel trim around the windshield

I need the narrow stainless steel trim that fits around the windshield. I belive it to be 55 or 57 stude. I want to use it on my 1953 c coupe. I seem to have all the pieces except the passenger side piece. I would consider buying all of the pieces or just that side piece. If they are available with a very good windshield i would also consider buying that also.

thanks anycomments would be useful Cell 570 620 6593
    joedipipi@msn.com

call bill fennessee, 615 662 1350, he will probably have what you need.There are special clips to hold this trim in place, difficult to find.

ok

Comment

I think i might have this from my 57 president parts car but I cant sell it yet until am done with mine just to make sure I don't need it later. I will let you know once am ready maybe you still need it by then.
      1957 Studebaker President Sedan 57H-W6 2606

Comment

If you're talking about the stainless attached to the windshield rubber, that would be the same '53 to thru '61, and is fairly easy to find. There was a wider piece used on the hardtops, but I think all the C models used the narrow strips.

If you're talking about the beltline trim under the windshield and on top of the doors, that would be '55 C coupe only.

Steve Hudson
        The Dalles, Oregon
        1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
        1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
        1953 Champion Starliner (custom/rod project)
        1954 Champion Coupe (daily driver)
        1960 Hawk (future project?)

Steve Hudson
        The Dalles, Oregon
        1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
        1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
        1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

Regal Coupe models used the wide trim as well. It slips in to the rubber before installation; no clips required.
          Brad Johnson,
          SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
          '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I NEVER reinstall a used windshield... (unless I know it was a recent change)... Buy a new one. I thought my original windshield in my Hawk was great- until I replaced my wife's Hawk's windshield with a new one.. I always (try to) talk my customers into a new one.
            As others have said.. the narrow side trim is the same for all C-bodies 1953-1961. The "wide" strip from the hardtops and GT Hawks are also direct replacements.

Ray

Specializing in Studebaker Restoration
            Ray

www.raylinrestoration.com
            Specializing in Studebaker Restoration

Comment

quote:[i]Originally posted by Studeman
              As others have said.. the narrow side trim is the same for all C-bodies 1953-1961. The "wide" strip from the hardtops and GT Hawks are also direct replacements.Ray
              All that is true, but the '55 'C' Presidents and I think all the Regal trim '53-4-5 'C' cps., weather it was a Champion, Commander or President, had the wide SS windshield molding.

I am in the process of getting parts and pieces gathered up for the May 2010 South Bend Swap meet. How about you?

Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia
              Be sure to check out my eBay store

for your shiny Stude stuff.

More pix of Leo the '55 Pres HT here...http://tinyurl.com/2gj6cu
              Jerry Forrester
              Forrester's Chrome
              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

The piece I need is the narrow drivers side piece I don't plan on using the piece below the windshield. Just the parts that fit into the slit in the rubber. Thank you guys for the help and I did receive one email but have not heard back could be due to the holidays. joedipipi@msn.com

Comment

Working...
                X