Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My HO version of the factory.

Really needs work, but I like it.

This is the "dealership". It's literally falling apart. It will be replaced after christmas. The fire station next to it reads "Studebaker Plant Protection" The yellow boxcar was found and recovered from the real Studebaker foundry on the Nov. 28th tour.

This is part of the "plant". The building in front is "Main assembly". The towering building in the center serves as the foundry. The white building with the grey roof was also recovered from the foundry. I have now decided what that is supposed to be: "Engineering".

This is my cheap mock up of the stamping plant. The train actually goes thru it! It has semi docks, car loading dock, and a second floor to hold cars. The train engine is an almost exact replica of the real engine used by studebaker at the factory. I built it myself.

Chris Dresbach
    Chris Dresbach

Don't let the city officials of South Bend see this as they may break into your house and demolish your replica! [:0]

Lark ala mode
    In the middle of Minnesota
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Don't let the city officials of South Bend see this as they may break into your house and demolish your replica! [:0]

Lark ala mode
      LOL!! Thats funny, but on the other hand, REALLY TRUE![:0][B)][xx(]
      LOL

Chris Dresbach
      Chris Dresbach

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Milaca

Lark ala mode
        And dont forget that they will replace it with "No Spark Park"![:0][B)] LOL

Chris Dresbach
        Chris Dresbach

Comment

You keep this work up Chris and you're going to have to start giving tours in your house!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by BobGlasscock

You keep this work up Chris and you're going to have to start giving tours in your house!!

'50 Champion, 1 family owner

Dont think the folks would like that! Iv'e got so much stude "junk" that I'm not even sure what to do with, but I like it around. Geesh, I have a '59 Lark grille under my bed![:0][B)][] lol

Chris Dresbach
            Chris Dresbach

Comment

I live by my lonesome, so can get away with rather more...I too have a '59 Lark grille in the house, leaning unobtrusively against the base of a bookshelf behind a large leather chair in the living room. Also in the living room, against the railing above the basement steps, an NOS 62-63 Lark 2dr right rear quarter panel; hiding behind that, a bunch of hubcaps, et cetera. (Another rear quarter, left side from a '64, is in the stairwell itself). In the upstairs bedroom one of the little wall shelf displays of model cars is framed by a beat-up Ford Model A grille shell. (The models in that display are all Fords, of course.)

As to the basement...if you've seen the A&E TV series "Hoarders", you will be able to form an idea of what that looks like. Basically it resembles the aftermath of a hobby-shop explosion...

S.

(PS Chris, still keeping an eye out for that Maisto 53 Starliner.)

Comment

Working...
              X